Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Using documentation for CS review

Started by All of us are family, Oct 28, 2004, 03:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of us are family

The ex just recently asked for a review of the CSO, and I've filled out the paperwork required (financial declaration, CS worksheet).

One of the factors that WA state says it takes into consideration for imputation of income is whether a parent is voluntarily unemployed (which the ex is) based upon that parent's work history, education, health and age or any other relevent factors.

I have a document submitted to the court by the ex stating that she has one year of medical school (whatever that means) and I also have a newspaper article where she states that she was drawing unemployment while she sought a job as a certified medical assistant dated 11/18/03.

The first time CS was calculated was Oct, 2000. So this information has never been submitted to DCSE (Division of Child Support Enforcement).

I've included these documents with the paperwork that I'm supposed to turn in to DCSE, but I've never had a review before. I'm not sure if I should include them, or if I did, would they even take this type of "evidence" into consideration.

Should I include it?

jolawanda

ask that the judge rule on papers provided, this way they should really have to look at them at least.

Good Luck, are you doing this pro se, or a lawyer?

All of us are family

Pro se.
Do you ask that during the hearing? Is there always a hearing to determine CS?

wendl

I am in WA as well, my dh filed for a cs reduction and we imputed bms income based on what a person of her age/gender would make on the average.

Are you doing this thru the CS office or the courts????

I like going thru the courts better as it is quicker.

Let me know which is going on, thru CS office modification or thru the courts and I will help you out.

Aslo what county, I have dealt with Snohomish and Pierce.
:)

All of us are family

>I am in WA as well, my dh filed for a cs reduction and we
>imputed bms income based on what a person of her age/gender
>would make on the average.
>
I was under the impression that DCSE did that? Imputed income based on a person's gender and age. Unless you mean the Child Support Schedule that they have you fill out.

>Are you doing this thru the CS office or the courts????
>
>I like going thru the courts better as it is quicker.
>
>Let me know which is going on, thru CS office modification or
>thru the courts and I will help you out.
>
I have no idea. Like I said, this is the first time that I've ever had a review of child support, so I have no idea if it's just going to be through the office or if it will be through the courts. If I were to take a wild stab in the dark, it'll be through the courts because I have disputed information she submitted for her husband's income. But then again, since her husband's income isn't supposed to be counted anyway, it might just be through the office. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I have no idea.:-)

>Aslo what county, I have dealt with Snohomish and Pierce.
>:)
Thurston

wendl

Contact the CS caseworker and ask if they are doing the cs review, if the courts were doing the review your ex would have had to serve you and would've given you the court hearing date.

Make sure to go in for the reveiw if it is thru the cs office. If the cs office is doing the review they will NOT just impute her income you MUST request this to be done and do it on  your paperwork as well. I know my dh's ex went after him for unpaid daycare costs thru the cs office and dh refused to do it over the phone he went in with HIS proof and HA he ended up overpaying by $38 and did not owe the $500+ that bm was claiming.

Yes you can imputer her income and do it on the paperwork you had to fill out. Her husbands income should play no role in this matter.

Let me know if you need anything

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

All of us are family

>Contact the CS caseworker and ask if they are doing the cs
>review, if the courts were doing the review your ex would have
>had to serve you and would've given you the court hearing
>date.
>
Well, there's no guarentee that the ex would have served me anything. She has received hearings before and I wasn't informed of them until after the fact.

>Make sure to go in for the reveiw if it is thru the cs office.
>If the cs office is doing the review they will NOT just impute
>her income you MUST request this to be done and do it on  your
>paperwork as well. I know my dh's ex went after him for unpaid
>daycare costs thru the cs office and dh refused to do it over
>the phone he went in with HIS proof and HA he ended up
>overpaying by $38 and did not owe the $500+ that bm was
>claiming.
>
Okay, so even if I provide documentation of her higher education and her "career change" to the CS office with the Child Support worksheet, I should still go into the office if that is the way they are going to do it.

>Yes you can imputer her income and do it on the paperwork you
>had to fill out. Her husbands income should play no role in
>this matter.

How would I impute her income if I can show that she has a higher education than she did 3 years ago? And does her being voluntarily unemployed affect that imputation?

wendl

well contact the cs office, if they are doing the reveiw YES GO IN.

Look up on the net what a person with her education level makes on the average then impute it or you can use the state guidelines to impute.

BUT GO not matter what or you can get screwed.