Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Buying Cadillac's with support

Started by leftoverinmn, Nov 27, 2004, 09:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

Do you have a link to this law.  I'd like to read it for myself.  I think this is an amazing law.

KAT

Joni, don't do the happy dance yet. You know how easy it is for them to pad those bills? Let's see, single parent with one child. HALF of the rent/mtg half of the electric/phone, half of AUTO insurance, half cable/phone, half of LINENS/bath supplies, half the salt/pepper, half the cleaning supplies/detergent/  half of this half of that. You'd be amazed!!!!! My ex went thru this with his ex wife as per their court order she had to. After the first year it was JOKE.
What we need to see are reciepts that NOT ONLY show where the NCP's money is going but also WHERE THE SHARE OF THE CP's money is coming from & WHERE are they getting it?
If they can't prove they have an INCOME & therefore are UNABLE to fiancially support the child then perhaps it's best to change custody to the parent who can best financially afford to do so. And I'm talking step-parent income here either.
WHEW, okay, off my soapbox.
KAT

wendl

Kat I couldn't agree more,

I think all CP (me being one) should have to use the cs rechargable Visa cards, each month cs is put onto this credit card, and monthly statements are sent out on where the money was spent. I think ALL cp's should have to use these and then send the ncp's a copy of the monthly statements.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

joni

Love what you said, I agree, I'm tired of the whining about not being able to afford to raise the child if CS is not increased.  If the child is such a burden and she cost so much money to maintain, give her to me.  I won't charge ya rent!

wendl

LMAO as a CP who rarely sees cs and has rarely seen if for 12yrs I get excited if I get $40. But I work and my son does not go without.  I do not depend on my ex for cs, I can fully raise my son financially without his money and have been doing just that.

MYSONSDAD

I question, why a caddy, other good cars out there without the high sticker price.

And I would bet those kids see for themselves. Much more then you know. They already know who truly love and care about their well being.

See what you can do about neighbors,  friends parents, teachers and counselors working with you to make things better for those kids.

I would also check to see if basics, such as the utilities are paid, food on the table, heat in the home. These are must haves and I bet she might be behind on a few things.

My ex does not supply our sons essentials like warm clothing, I supply what he needs to be warm, if she does not give it back, I ask her for it. But he comes first, so if something does not get returned, at least I know he was warm and he knows it to. He will remember who put his coat on him, who buys shoes that fit, they DO SEE!

With this continuing, won't be long, I will be living in a box on the nearest corner....

Just a thought, keep your eyes open for garage sales in the nicer neighborhoods, might find some good deals and then if she does not return them, your not out much.

MAYBE NCP'S SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND HAVE RESALES SHOPS JUST FOR THEM. So many of us buy clothes and other things that are only used a few days a month and can only be worn for a short time. I for one, have packed away clothes with the tags still on, hate to get rid of them, but they no longer fit.

KAT

I have boys 4-5 summer clothing, some younger winter stuff...toys. To be honest I'd rather send it out for free to members then give it to charity or give it away on freecycle.
All the b.s. including support ends for us in 283 days. While we aren't going to be rolling it I'd sure like to help anyone that we can.

Regards;
KAT

joni

the extremes we see here.  we either have CP like yourself, who never gets any money.  

Or we have NCP, like my DH, who pays his ex over $20,000 a year in child support and an Ex wife who's whining she can't afford anything for the child.  go figure.....

leftoverinmn

Wendl,

I know exactly what you mean about getting excited over $40. I just wish his dad would come around and spend time with him. I'd give up all the child support, and forgive the $12,000 in arrears he's racked up if he would just let his son love him.

Child support can never, ever replace a daddy's love. In a perfect world, all single parents would understand that.

wendl

ME to, but after 12yrs I am not getting my hopes up.

Luckily my son has a great stepdad who cares about him.