Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:42:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can he modify support?

Started by madmom, Jan 01, 2005, 03:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmom

use the money for.  I am the one that has to pay for clothes, food, a place to live and everthing else.  I take care of his kids he should be happy to pay.  All I want is what I am suppose to get.  My husband doesn't want me to work - he wants me to stay home to take care of our kids.  He might not be in my care now but he will be again and he will need a place to live.  

wendl

Well honey your ex DOES buy the kids clothes, food etc as he pays cs what the hell do you think child support is. IT is NOT to support you. He is also putting a place over your sons head by paying the flipping state to care for your kid in jail or juvie.

IF your current hubby doesnt want you to work, HE BETTER GET A BETTER JOB THEN. Hell if I depended on my ex to pay cs and use it so I could stay home, my son and I would be living in a cardboard box on the underpass.

It is your fault you purchased a house beyond your means. You could've purchased a cheaper home that would house all the kids, seems like you needed a bigger place cuz you had another child with your current hubby, not because your son from your ex lived with you, hell you needed a bigger place therefore let your new hubby foot the bill.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MYSONSDAD

The children are in your care, if you can't handle it, give custody to the Father.

If new hubby wants you to stay home, let him pay the bills.

You give all mothers a bad name, just like the very few fathers who don't pay child support. And then the rest of us are branded as dead beats.

What does that make you?

You are a greedy, selfish person....

"Children learn what they live"

cathy

And exactly how do you pay for these things if you aren't working?  You take care of the kids, he should be happy to pay?

Oh yeah - I'm sure he is THRILLED to pay you.  And it seems that he is getting such a grand return on his investment.  Let's see - he pays you child support, which you depend on to make your house payment - and his child has ended in incarcerated.   Now you expect him to continue to pay YOU and to pay the STATE for the care of his son.

BTW - are you going to tell us why your son is being incarcerated?

You know the really sad thing  - as screwed up as the system can be, your ex probably will have to continue to pay you.   If you truly were such a fine, honest "Christian" woman, you would return a portion of it to him for the year your son is not in your care.   That would be the honest, fair, "Christian" thing to do.

cathy

What a scam.   You take child support and use it to help with house payments, claiming that the child needs a place to stay.

So - you take money that is to go to supporting your child, spend it on a house that is used for YOU, your husband, your other kids - in addition to the child the support is for.  Then YOU get the profit from it when you sell the house.

Do you not see anything WRONG in that?  Not only are you spending the child support on something that truly is not for the child, but you are making a profit on it as well.

KAT

That the parent who is forced into involuntary servitude to the other parent who refuses to work, who refuses to financially support their children should be able to file a motion in court after all the children are emancipated to recover 50% of past child support paid to the custodial parent. This being because as you stated Cathy that the slave parent doesn't benefit from the years & years of equity in home that is paid for by the greedy parent and in addition, it's pretty much an agreement that by the custodial parents willful failure to provide that the child support payments made by the slave parent have fully 100% supported the child(ren). Since both parents are EQUALLY REQUIRED to provide for the child(ren) then it only stems to reason that the slave parent is entitled to a refund.
KAT

Stepmom0418

I have 2 children with my ex and he pays a WHOLE $90.00 per MONTH and is over $11,000 behind.

And now to ask where would me and my 2 almost teen daughters be if I thought that ex should pay for my house payment................Our girls and I would be on the streets because how far does $90.00 go in the world today???

joni

What does this $90 and your teenage daughters have to do with your house payment and your original post with your 6 y.o. and your jailbird teenage son?  Can't you keep your story and your kids straight?  Lady...you are deep in your own stuff....there's no digging yourself out now.  

> My ex husband is taking me to court to modify child support because our son was sent to incarceration for over a year. He wants it changed to take my son off so I only get support for my daughter. Can he do this? My husband and I just bought a new house and if support is changed I won't be able to afford the payments now. Also he is related to his lawyer and I will have to pay a lawyer to keep him from doing this to me. What can I do to keep support where it is? Can I make him pay for a lawyer for me so he doesn't trash my rights here?

Stepmom0418

Excuss me was this post intended for me?? I sure as he** am not blowing smoke up anyones a** if it was!!

kiddosmom

You got madmom and step0418 mixed up!