Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BM has filed for Custody and CS from her ex...question...

Started by jilly, Jan 03, 2005, 08:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

DH has 2 children (7 y/o daughter from previous marriage and 4 y/o son from prior relationship).  I found out today BM of his son has filed a Complaint against her ex for custody and child support.  CS was modified in August 2003 and since DH pays CS for SD the Court "credited" him that amount when determining CS. Not that it did much good. He still pays $585/mo for 4 y/o.

My question is:  when CS order is entered for BM from her ex, can DH file for a modification to (hopefully) get his CS reduced?  Will the Court give her "credit" for the amount of CS she is receiving from her ex, in which case it may increase DH's CS and we'd be better off leaving it alone?

We are in NC.  The CSO between BM and my DH is a prior support order so this may be in her ex's favor when it comes time to determining the amount of CS he pays.  That is how DH was able to get his CS for SD "credited"...because it was a prior support order.

BM of 4/o and her ex have two children together, plus she just had another child in April 2004.  I don't think her ex is the father of this child. Situation with BM of 4 y/o and her ex is really strange.  They got married and a two kids later got divorced. For a time she had to pay him CS but they got back together and he dropped it. Apparently, their pattern was they'd live together for a while, she'd get a wild hair or something and they'd "break up".  She'd get tired of the "high life" and go back to her ex.  It was during one of these "break up" periods that she and DH had their brief relationship, which resulted in the birth of his son.  It wasn't until she found out I was pregnant with our daughter that she went after him for CS.  Imagine that! LOL  I also know that prior to their divorce in 1999, she had a DV order issued against her ex.  This was later dropped. In November of last year, I had a window of opportunity to go to the courthouse to use the computers there to do a search BM for civil actions. Lo and behold another DV order had been issued against her ex the first of November.  There was also a pending motion to return weapon confiscated due to DV order.  I was off work today and went to the courthouse to use the computers again to see if anything had happened since November.  That's when I found out that she had filed a complaint middle of December for custody and CS.

Do you ever wonder how we get ourselves mixed up with these men and their babymamadrama??!!! LOL

KAT

You can try using this calculator, see it changes anything at all:
http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/north_carolina/
Geez, 4 kids, she's probably really raking it in huh?
Listen, are those computers you are using at the court house county specific? If not, I could use a little help with sumtin' next time you are there! *wink*
KAT

jilly

I've thought about doing the calculator to see what the difference would be but that will have to wait until a CSO is entered against her ex. Seems like everytime there's a new man in her life she's getting knocked up. Sounds like somebody's working the system if you ask me. The (worthless) local attorney DH used even said as much when we were in court. Direct quote: "She obviously knows the system very well."

As far as the courthouse computers go, I can do a search by party and then by county.  Say for instance, you live in one North Carolina county and I'm in another and I want to see if you have any judgments or civil actions pending. I can go to my local courthouse, type in your last name and then type in the County where you live. If there is anything in the system it will come up.  If I suspect you may have actions and/or judgments filed in a different North Carolina county I can include that county in my search.  I don't know if other States have this system, but you can do statewide/countywide searches for North Carolina.  They've had this system for about 10 years now and it's awesome!

I'll be glad to help you with anything I can...as long as it's not unethical or illegal!

KAT

NC is GREAT about having stuff on line!! WHEW! That's how we found where biohag moved to. Just had to wait for her to nailed on something and it didn't take long. Problem is the county that she lives in doesn't have it's civil calander on line...FIGURES eh? I know she's being sued, just want to get the dirt. *snicker*
Yeah she's playing the child support/welfare scam. There is this one chick that I know of in FL who has 4 kids from different dads. She rakes in over 32,000 a year in tax free income. What a system, what a system!! GRRRR
I'd love to see you guys get your support lowered!! Let us know how it turns out!
Regards;
KAT

cathy

to look up upcoming court cases by county:

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/

cathy

If so, you can see if she owns any real estate in Wake County and also see what vehicles she has listed as property!

(Oh - I know Wake has calendars online, so guess not!)

KAT

Ahh, don't you just love this stuff?? She's in Currituck, owns a trailer & a few broken down vehicles. Got that on line thru the tax records office! :) Trailer is only 350 a month but it's already been in foreclosure. Her Dad died so I'm guessing her Mom paid it...Dad would never have allowed it. Poor Dad, he's resting in peace now. Before he passed he even called to apologize to Mr. KAT, said he was given false information..sad. Go figure how she's going to live with no income here in 249 days. She doesn't work, just lives off 2g in child support.

The main reason I need to find her judgements is because I know Mr. KAT is going to be hit with SD's past medical bills that of cousre she never notified him of. She doesn't pay anything so I'm almost 100% sure she's been in court over them...or make that not appearing in court, she always defaults. She has less then a year before she can claim BK again (3 time) so I'm sure she's going to try to get the judge to make us pay her for the bills, keep the money then have it all written off. Just need to prove it to the judge. I have the VA judgments but there is a big one from a NC physcial therapist. Also need to check to see if there wasn't a lawsuit filed. Grapevine has it something to do with slip & fall. Nothing so far is showing up in VA on it, so I'm guessing it was filed in NC. Bio loves to sue people every few years.

I think it's only a matter of time that before doctors provide treatment they are going to run credit checks. This hag has ripped off just about every clinic/hopsital/dentist in a 2 state area. One got her for theft of services but it's rare that they take things that far.

You know how NC has the inmates photos on line..it's only a matter of time. I can't wait, I'm going to do such a happy dance when I see her moonpie shoplifter identity theft face on my monitor screen. Funny how facing someone so evil makes even the little things seem extrodinary. :) Don't worry, the minute I see it I'm going to let everyone see~! Just wear sunglasses, it could blind ya!

KAT

cathy

Here is the link to the molesting scum stepfather:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/apps/offender/raw1?DOCNUM=0809291&APPV7AA1=on&APPV9BJ1=on&INMV4AA1=on&INMV4BB1=on&INMV4CA1=on&INMV9CF1=on&OFNV1BA1=on&OFNV3AA1=on&OFNV3BB1=on&OFNV3BS1=on&OFNV3BT1=on&OFNV3BV1=on&OFNV3CE1=on&OFNV3DE1=on&OFNV9BE1=on&SEARCH=Search

MixedBag

jilly

Yeah...I use that site too.  Unfortunately not all counties put their calendars online.  If I undstand Kat correctly, Currituck is one of those counties.  But heck...Currituck is wayyyyyyy out there anyway. LOL  Think it's out near the Outer Banks or in that vicinity.

The system I'm talking about is not something you can access online.  You have to go to the courthouse.  They have computers set up so you can access their system.

KAT

Yeah, that's really too bad. I know biohag will be on there sooner or later. I figure it will probably be a month or two after the checks stop. What else is she going to do at 40 with no employment history? Keep on five finger discounting & filing lawsuits!
Funny how the step dad only got 3 years when my cousins ex husband did barely a year for 11 counts (with her (not his) daughter, he took pictures & sold them on the internet...made a ton, bought a BMW...she looks like she's 10).

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/apps/offender/offend1?DOCNUM=0819935&SENTENCEINFO=no&SHOWPHOTO=no

KAT

KAT

Yup, by the beach. Lovely area. We were going to move there but biohag decamped first from VA due truancy charges. VA makes the kids stay in school until 18 which was just too much work for her. She took the short bus so what do you expect?  Right now we are looking on moving up around Murphy NC?  Personally I like Bat Cave. *LOL* Not sure exactly, my Aunt & Uncle are moving up in the spring, we are going to follow in the fall. Heading up in April to look at property. Gotta get out of here so bio can't do her weekly drive-bys to see if we got anything new (to raise support!). Gonna get me a gated driveway & a big dog! :) heeehaw!

KAT

jilly

Dayum...I've always wanted a house by the beach! LOL
I know where Bat Cave is!! Not much up there but mountains! LOL@gated driveway and big dog!

cathy

Scumbag was originally charged with indecent liberties (2 counts).  We had been told not to expect jail time on a first offense if he was convicted.  We were told to expect 1-3 years probation, treatment, community service.

But the judge told him that if they didn't pled this out and it went to trial, if he was found guilty - he WOULD be doing jail time.  

So he pled to the misdomeanors, but got the same sentence we were expecting for the felonies.

New Hanover county?!?!  That is where I grew up and where my family still is.  I love it down there.

(He should be in sex offenders registry though, right)

Yup - here he is:

http://sbi.jus.state.nc.us/cgi-binHAHT/hsrun.hse/SOR/SOR/SOR.htx;start=HS_SORSearchFrames