Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:57:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

tax question

Started by shawneetears, Jan 31, 2005, 08:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawneetears

ok, I know this is an old theme but......

I recieved a notice of intent to intercept.  There is an arrears on the CS account from the time between when the girls went to stay with their BF and anything was decided about CS.....not only did the court go back to the time he filed but back to the first day the girls went there....which put me effectively 6 months in arrears.  I have whittled that down from 3000 +  to just over 900 over the past four years.  However, since it is over 500 they are going to intercept.
Because my granddaughter has lived with me this year and my son moved back in to go to school full time, it looks like I will get a pretty hefty return; much more than they 900... so what happens to the rest of it?  Will I ever see it?  And there was no mention of state taxes...what about them?  Anybody have any answers?
Thanks in advance.

wish you all the best life has to offer!  :)

joni

They'll take out the arrearage amount, mail it to the state to distribute to the CP and the IRS will mail you the balance of your refund.

rini

Hello

Here is something else you can do.  

figure your return to come as close to the amount owed as possible.

i can actually give you more detailed directions if you want to email me

then after they intercept the amount you owed and you are free from the lean you then send an amended return with the rest of the deductions.

or you can request an extension clear your debt and then send in your return.

rini.

[email protected]   if you need any help with your taxes../