Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

child support calculation

Started by ER, Feb 04, 2005, 01:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

I live in Ohio as well as my ex. We are going to trial Monday and CS will also be heard as well. I filed for CS on our son that I have temp custody of but throught the process of a GAL they are recommending shared parenting with me being the residential/custodial parent.

My question is my ex has a daughter from a previous relationship that she receives no support nor does anyone really know who the father is. The child is 13 and is on assitance for private schooling. My ex pays for the insurance for herself and both children and I get additional medical assitance for my son due to his expensive therapy that the mothers insurance will not cover. Now in Ohio they take into consideration other children so how does this effect CS if any awarded for my son? Her income is much higher but we both do not make a ton of money. Does anyone know how this is calculated with other children and any variables?

MixedBag

Some states will take the "other child" into consideration automatically, some not.

It's really hard for any of "us" here to say exactly what's going to happen.

go to supportguidelines.com and find the OH calculator.  It might actually be there for you to crunch the numbers yourself.