Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support/ Medical Support

Started by Fishinwater, Mar 12, 2005, 10:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishinwater

DH is court ordered to pay both child support and provide medical insurance as a form of medical support.

Found out that ex has step daughter on medicaid and refuses to use DH's insurance b/c she doesn't want to pay the $30 co pay.

In Texas if the NCP doesn't provide medical then they can be made to pay the state back for the medicaid.

Ex made it clear that she did not tell her case worker that step daughter has private insurance.

DH doesn't think he should be held liable for repayment of medicaid if they ever catch it.

She also refuses to give him the medicaid info that our insurance company needs because they know she has other insurance, so she is in contemp of the CO.

So is DH commiting medicaid fraud along with ex by not filling a medicaid fraud report.

I'm also concerned that if she lied about the medical insurance that DH provides, that she may be lieing about him paying child support.

Now you would think all the DHS worker would have to do is contact the Attorney general's office and see that he does pay CS and provide medical support, but apparently they haven't or else why would she be on medicaid.

I told DH he could do 1 0f 2 things.

1. File a medicaid fraud report
2. Send in a copy of insurance info to SD doctor, but this only works as long as she stays with that DR.

I don't want this to bite DH in the butt later on, if DHS ever catches it.

wendl

That is just wrong.
I would contact her case worker and give her the medical insruance information, then I would contact all the dr's she takes kids to.
Then I would file contempt and put in the order THAT if the medicaid come back to DH for reimbursement that ex must pay the fees and show proof of how long you have carried medical on the child and that bm was fully aware of this.
This woman is screwing tax payers by not using the individual insurance that is provided for the child.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

4honor

In the state of Washington, you can report fraud online. BM used to have a policy through the state, but she neglected to tell them her right income amount or what she got for CS or that DH had insurance. We put an anonymus bug in DSHS (Department of Social and Health Services) ear and suddenly BM is using DH's insurance. I hate for tax payers to shell out for what is paid for by NCP's, when a CP is just being vindictive.

Now, would the child be eligible for medicaid even with the proper information? who knows, but your DH's insurance would be primary. So she may not have a co-pay. BUT if he is paying all his support as ordered and there is insurance in place, they cannot come back after him....  but why take the chance?

Go to your state website and work your way to the welfare/medicaid dept. There should be instructions on calling in a report of fraud... just tell them that you wanted to make sure they have all the updated information.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.