Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support Payment

Started by kiddfried, Mar 22, 2005, 11:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiddfried

My attorney handed over a check to my ex-wifes attorney on the Court steps.
I submitted proof to the Child Support Enforcement Unit of payment but they refuse to accept this unless they receive a letter from the ex stating that she received it. She has refused for over 9 months.
What can I do to remove it and get my license reinstated?
Is there a link with an explanation?

Thank you for your help.

joni

what a load of crap.  can your atty write a letter, along with the canceled check, as proof of payment?

kiddfried

Thank you for your response.
That was done, and they did not accept it.
Any ideas?

Troubledmom

Depending on the state....

In some states you can request a Judicial Review of the Child Support Payments. In a judicial review your letter from your attorney, your cancelled check, etc will be allowed as evidence so long as you follow the rules of evidence in your state, the review is done by a Judge or Commisioner not CSE.

Because different states have different rules, this is generalized. You would need to either contact an attorney in your state to discover what avenues are open to you or post the state you are in where someone may be able to offer some assistance.

Hope this helps

TM

joni

Can your attorney file a motion against her to answer in front of a judge about the events and the canceled check?  Then also sue her for atty's fees related to this noncooperation.

jilly

Was the check made out to your ex instead of CSE?  Was there a conversation between the two attorneys (or in open Court) stating that the check was for CS and the ex was to advise CSE that she had received check for CS?

If it was made out to your ex you're probably SOL as I think most States would look at this as a gift as opposed to CS.  Sounds like she and her attorney really pulled a fast one on you.