Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

IM DONE AT LAST-- WALLY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Started by wallyworld, Apr 30, 2005, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

I am sure many of you remember me. I have a psycho ex who until last year withheld visitation for approx 2 years. She lives in FL me in IL. She gave me our then 5 year old in 2002 due to "not having time nor money for her". I took my daughter happily and still paid child support to my ex. Then I made a mistake or should I say my then attorney. My daughter told me her mom physically abused her. I went for custody, but bcause my daughter hadn't resided in IL for 6 months (only 5) my ex got her back. (it was my ex's parents behind everything becasue they had bascially been raising her in FL)

Then the visitation interference began. I went to FL 3 times from IL to see my daughter each time visitation was denied. Then in April of last year we went to court and this happened:

I was awarded every FULL summer
Every even xmas
every even yeard spring break

and...

my ex has to do 1/2 the driving during summer (good as before I have done it all)

ANd Child support was to retain IL jurisdiction.

I got my daughter last summer and for the first time i got to spend xmas with her in 2004

now child support has been figured:

I have to pay 136 bi weekly (before I paid 70) BUT it is still A LOT less than I should her attorneys mistake--- OH WELL!!!

I have to pay 924 retro because the new amount is dated back to when she filed BUT they are subtracting 324 due to her oweing me that amount in unpaid DR bills... So again 600 is much better than 924!

AND the kicker which makes everything much much much better:

I get to claim my daughter for income tax purposes every odd year! YEAH! YEAH YEAH-- This was done per agreement wtih my ex as she didn't want to ocme to IL for an actual court date!

I feel that I have WON cuz this is much fairer than what she tried to con me out of last year my using my daughter as a pawn ( 450 per month cs, me doing all the driving, and no income tax deduction, FL jurisdiciton)

Tell me what you think!

I am done at last......

MYSONSDAD

I have followed your posts for quite some time. Finally some resolve. Glad for you and your daughter! How's the new baby?

There are many here who can benefit from your experiences, so stick around! Many newbies with out of state situations like yours.

How did you work the interference? I am having an incredible amount of trouble and it does not seem to end. We are told to "work it out",  right....
Have brought her up on contempts, only got one. Now I have many more.

Still in the middle of trial here, glad to see someone come out of this after a long battle.

"Children learn what they live"