Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:08:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOT DONE! CHANGE OF EVENTS

Started by wallyworld, May 18, 2005, 06:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

Okay, facts:

new order entered April 25, 2005.  IM in IL she's in FL.  IL has jurisdiction.  They aren't taking out the new amount as of yet.  I will find out tomorrow why and how to ensure they do.

I was just offered a job with the railroad.  The training starts out the same as I make now.  But it has a lot more income potential that what I have now.

I obviously know that child support services will be notified.

1.  How do I get the railroad to withhold the child support?
2.  How do I get an income deduction order if that is what I need?
3.  Do I have to notify my ex of the new job.
4.  Will child support notify her?
5.  Can she ask for a modification one month after a new order?

ocean

If you get paid the amount send it directly to the support office until the new order takes affect.

1. How do I get the railroad to withhold the child support?
Let the support office know of the new job and address and they will take care of it and do above....

2. How do I get an income deduction order if that is what I need?
Oh, if you do not have it already maybe you do not have one. If they just ordered support then you send it to the support office. Call the support office and ask where do you make payments and will your job be getting an order or is it your responsibility.

3. Do I have to notify my ex of the new job.
Nope....

4. Will child support notify her?
no I do not believe so but she may be able to request the info ...not sure

5. Can she ask for a modification one month after a new order?
no, she has to show a cause for the change...do not let her know the amount. and since it is the same for a while things should stay the same.

This is what I have seen in NY so things may be a little different by you. Good luck!

Ref

I'm not sure if you remember me, but my DH has longdistance with SD who lives in the same county as you have your order. We have a great attorney and a great mediator if you ever need one. Let me know if you would like the information. I will PM it.

DH has his visitation now. Mediation came up with EO holiday, all summer except the first 2 weeks and last week, and any weekend as long as it is in BM's county and DH gives 7 days notice. She also has to involve him in all major decisions (which she hasn't yet). It has been about a year since the agreement has been signed and although Dh made out well legally, BM has moved on to using SD to hurt DH even more than before.

After visitation was cleared up, BM decided to go for child support increase. DH was fine with that because he is making more than he was at the time of the divorce. It was in the visitation mediation agreement that they were to work out CS between themselves. DH did pretty well in the deal. He is paying about what the standard is, but he deducted his % of travel costs because she moved away. If it were to go to court, he would probably end up with about what he is paying.

Please let me know if you need those names. I am so impressed with the work they did and how easily the mediator saw through BM.

Best Wishes
Ref