Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 15, 2024, 09:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

cs over 18 for recent adhd development

Started by argus, May 12, 2005, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

argus

thats very interesting... i wonder if the judge will buy that. i will look on the net for that manual.
there were never problems exhibited or medically notated until she moved to fl.
thanks

Kitty C.

You won't find it specifically on the net.  This is a manual used by doctors and hospitals to code treatments and procedures for payment, and what ins. comps. use to verify and authorize treatment.

What I would recommend is getting the doctor's records on the child.  If there is no DSM determination prior to age 7, or any notes up till that age that would lead a practitioner to consider a future diagnosis of ADD/ADHD, then I would say the BM is SOL.  DSM IV is the 'bible' practitioners and ins. comps. go by.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

argus

im trying to read the records sent to me, & its complicated & lots of discrepancies. says my son was on ritalin inconsistently due to mom inconsistently purchasing it. the conference officer in her decision to grant support,  said that the dr states child had a.d.d. & a learning disability unidentified since 1995. im not sure what that means, but how is something unidentified from a certain time period until just prior to turning 18.  is this coincidental or do you think theres some back-noting to make this sound "legal" per the dsm you mentioned ...
records show his IQ is quite high & decent grades for some time.

argus

not knowing the process of this appeal, & if my ex does not have to be present as she was not before, i dont know how i will cross examine the doctor who mentions add in the med notes. the attty told me the judge may not allow it. in fact, this doctor appears to keep my son on ritalin because of a prior dr's prescription. i have to find out who the prior dr was & it wont be easy.
would you recommend i subpoena her ? what questions would you ask the dr? i will call her shortly, but does she have to speak to me ?

i will also call the school counselor that oversees my son's job training. what questions would you advise to ask him? remembering, he is the opponent ...