Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:45:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Who's my Daddy" TV show

Started by SadStepMom, Dec 29, 2004, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadStepMom

Has anyone seen the ads for the new show on FOX - Who's your Daddy

It would appear that they have this grown woman who has never met her dad, so they bring several men on the show and I guess she is supposed to guess who her father is.

I would love to know what anyone else thinks about this

kitten

Sick.  Exploitation.

kitten

Using people's desperation to make a buck by making it appear as if they will help you if you share your story.  That's what we believed, grasping at straws I guess.  

MYSONSDAD

It is another travesty used by the media.

"Children learn what they live"

Genie

on one hand I agree that this is exploitation...

and the other hand, this is a woman who is adopted and wants to find her Father.  The show I'm sure did all the research and leg work to find him for her and obviously he wants to know her too.  She agreed to do this knowing exactly is how the show will be.  In the end, she will have her Father which will be priceless to her.

Now my question is this - What happens if she picks the wrong man as her Father?  Will she just lose out on money (if it is going to be awarded) or will she not be told who is her Father?

Bolivar

A game show in which a contestant tries's to pick their Bio Dad.

Not my kind of show.

MYSONSDAD

The Truth Continues...                  //www.krightsradio.com

Tonight December 30, 2004  --->> a Special Extended "Krights Live"

Join Us for a Conversation with Steven J. Weisz

The man behind the new Fox Network's Reality Show "Who's Your Daddy".

A unique look at behind the scenes at a show and a man dedicated to
reuniting kids and with parents.

Tonight-->> Krights Live Special Extended Show
                                                  Steven J. Weisz
                                                   7pm Pacific
                                                    8pm Central
                                                     9pm Eastern

kitten

IF the show is done well.
Alot of people think Dr. Phil is done well.  
I like to refer to him as "Dr. Buy My Book McGraw".

cathy

I'm not a fan of the reality-tv craze......but I saw the ad for this and thought it was one of the most repulsive things I had seen.

kitten

Haven't seen the ad, but judging by your response, it must be as exploitive as I think.

lovebug

You know I agree with you about Dr. Phil. I used to watch his show because my wife liked it.

I noticed when he started the weight loss challenge during the last season. It was all about selling product. He stated in the very first weight loss challenge show that "weight loss industry is a billion dollar industry" I began to think that he decided to jump on the band wagon because I saw so much weight loss stuff that he began peddling. Energy bars, meal replacement drinks, His weight loss book, etc. It was down right disgraceful. It was as if he was saying "yeah there is a market for weight loss. Let's get in on that." I know he didn't say that and I know that many people found help in following his plan but he has lost all credibility with me and my family.

Now he is doing this families first thing. Notice how he wrote a book and then picked a town in texas(where he is from) to help. His show is just one big infomercial. "Buy my book so you can save your family".

And I alway notice how he answers things by starting "In my book Self matters, or Relationship rescue,etc......." I just want to tell him to stop being a salesman and give the answer.

When I saw you and Will on his show the one thing I noticed was how he promoted that Marks lady's book. That interview had nothing to do with her children or what was best for them. It was an endorsement of her book, "Buy her book so she can fight for her children" not one word about the issues in her case or the way she behaved. I was outraged.

I have watched Dr. Phil almost none since October. I can't get passed it. I've used that hour to play with my children or help them with their homework and help my wife with dinner. So I guess, you could say, that I am putting my "Family First".

Ha!

~D~

kitten

Excellent!

Maybe you should email Dr. "buy my book" Phil and let him know that he helped your family by being a shmuck!

MYSONSDAD

Many have become unimpressed with the show. All about money. The promise of help to children, and then backed out. It says a lot for his character.

And you found a much better way to spend that hour...kudos

lovebug

Thanks! I think so. I was just talking to my wife about it and we were wondering what next seasons theme/Book will focus on....It will be interesting to see that.

Notice how he never said that his audience should put their family first and turn off the TV and spend time together. Well I can't say he never said that because I haven't been watching. In any case, I doubt that he has.

~D~

lovebug

Maybe I will. I'll have to think about how to word it.

~D~

c_alexander

I don't even have to see the show to tell you it is a stupid show. I am sick to death with all this reality tv garabe producerws are cramming down our throats not to mention the masses of people who enjoy watching the drivel.  These shows set forth terrible role models for kids (lying, cheating, stealing and back stabbbing are all a part of winning), and they do not lend to the imagination or teach anything positive. I hope this thing is a passing trend and as far as I am concerned the sooner the trend passes the better.

wendl

I can't believe people watch all these so called reality shows.

Let's see we have "who is the biggest looser" "Switching Wifes" "Survivor" "Who wants to marry my dad" and so on.

Give me Forsenic files and and the history channel and I will watch them any day of the week.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

kidz_need_dad2

I'm speechless,,,...:(