Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What about Walmart? Any takers?

Started by MYSONSDAD, Jun 10, 2005, 12:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

ocean

That is a great letter! I also wrote that Walmart and K-mart are also right down the road :)

wendl

Yep POC,

My ex has 5 kids (mine the oldest) he has only seen my son as I felt it was important (guess not to him though) then 2 of his kids were given up for adoption and the other two the mothers kept, but he hasn't seen any of the other chidlren. Which is sad for my son, he knows he has siblings but the other mothers won't exchange photos with me so my son can see what his brothers/sisters look like. One mom that gave up her child did send me photos of the baby that the adoptive parents sent her.

It is so sad that some parents are like this.

Personally I don't like CS, reason being, When you are together with the other parent (regardless of marriage) the state does not get to dictate how much you need to spend on your child. BUT once you are no longer together they can, they can peanolize the NCP for not working and not paying CS but it is OK for the CP to NOT WORK.  Ok so how is that, as then BOTH parents are NOT financially helping to raise the child only the NCP is.

BUT again it is all about the money, each state gets a kickback for how much cs they collect, from the Federal Government, Social Security etc. SO tax paying citizens who pay into Social Security for years and years whom do not have kids, do not get any kickbacks from the states etc if you know what I mean, BUT the cs agency do.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

SadStepMom

Here is the response I received:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our community involvement.

Target is not affiliated with //www.childsupport-aces.org/home.html. We have requested our logo and name be removed.

We do welcome your inquiry and feedback, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at 1-800-440-0680. We also invite you to share your comments whenever you visit a Target store or on the Internet at //www.target.com.

We value you as our guest and thank you for shopping at Target.

Sincerely,

XXXXX
Target Guest Relations
//www.target.com

POC

That is all that I wanted from them. If I had received the response myself it would have been nice. If the statement had been made more public it would have been even better.

POC

cinb85

My ex owes over $27,000 in child support, yet when he worked for Walmart, they never did the wage garnishment on his pay (they KNEW that they were supposed to do a wage garnishment)!

Before anyone blasts me, my ex not only doesn't pay his child support, he TOTALLY ingores our daughter (who is now 14 years old)!!!

POC

To: POC Email
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:40 PM
Subject: ACES is NOT Affiliated with Target

Dear POC,

We appreciate the time you've taken to ask about the use of the Target name
and logo on the ACES Web site.

We're always concerned to learn that unauthorized Web sites or individuals
are using the Target name and/or logo without our permission. When guests
like you let us know, we promptly investigate such use and take appropriate
action if needed. Target doesn't have any affiliation with this Web site. We
've asked that our logo and name be removed.

Thanks for shopping with us. We hope we'll see you again soon at Target.
And, please feel free to share this e-mail with your e-mail network. The
sooner we get the word out about ACES not being affiliated with Target the
better!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!

Sincerely,

Heather
Target Guest Relations
//www.target.com

POC

cinb85,

You are mixing issues.

1) How much your ex owes in CS is a non-issue to me, since no state has equitable CS guidelines. What percentage of an unjustifiable amount is equitable? Currently, there is no way to differentiate legitimate CS awards from bogus ones.

2) Perhaps if money wre apportioned to provide for the child when she would be with him, then he might be able to exercise such "visitation".

cinb85

CS IS an issue to me since I don't receive any.  My ex is only ordered to pay $35.00 a week for Child support which I DON'T feel is too much!

If my ex DID spend time with our child, our state does take that into account and would lower his CS payment, but he chooses not to.  We live two towns away from him, I have made many attempts to get him to visit with our daughter.  I take our daughter to his parent's house so he can visit with her, but he never shows up.  He just doesn't seem to want to spend time with her.

I realize that money is not the most important thing, but my ex also never spends ANY time with our daughter who is now 14 years old!!!  

You assumed the worst of me and that was not fair.  Next time ask questions, before you make assumptions!

wendl

Read what POC posted in my response.

POC is a fair man, I am in the same situation as you, my son is 13 and my ex is ordered to pay $40 a week and doesn't. My ex never sees our son (harder now as we moved out of state but when we lived 4 miles he never did either) And he is $22k in arrears.

So I don't think POC was attacking you personally.

Many dads out their pay or attempt to pay their support, see their children and try to be the best dad they can since the courts reduced them to visitors. THEN you have ex's like yours and mine who do not give a dam.

As for Walmart not garnishing his wages, in some states like WA State if an employer received a wage garnishment and DOES NOT garnish, you can hire an attorney and make that employer responsible for the current support and the arrears (at least this is what CS office told me) One employer of my ex pulled this crap, I called his boss informed him that if he did not send the cs within a week he would be hearing from my attorney and could be liable for the $22k in arrearage. Let me tell you that boss had that whopping check to the cs office within a week, two weeks later my ex quit.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**