Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I swear csb sure knows how to screw a dad don't they?

Started by stepmomtwo1, Jun 30, 2005, 10:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepmomtwo1

Uggggghhhh! We have nine more weeks of child support left and sd turns 18 on Sept 1st. Two weeks ago dh got papers to sign and send in wanting us to tell when we thought she would be emancipated and the ex also got the same papers. Today dh called to see when they payment would end and csb said we would be done the first but would still have to pay two weeks after her birthday because we owe them fees for stopping the child support. It's not like we don't pay them poundage every week towards for this so why do we have to pay for the whole month since it's only one day? Dh asked if they could pull the amount the week prior and they said that's not how their computers work. Yeah they only screw the dads not themselves. So is there any way to fight over $100 worth of fees that are for only one day of the month? Can we pay for that extra week in August and be done before Sept to be able to skip the fees? I just wondered how this whole thing works.

Thanks for listening. Dh says let it go we are finally done and we can't change things but I say hey it's our money and we've waited 15 years to finally get it.

flewwellin

Well I have to say I agree with your hubby.  Why spend money so that you don't have to spend money?  This way you know how much it is, no one has to take a day out of work to go sit in court which isn't fun anyway, plus you have to spend some amount of money to even file a motion.  So you'd be 1 day out of pay from work, money to file motion, probably the $100 anyway, and whatever court costs you may incure.  I know it sucks but like you said you have waited 15 years to get this far is 2 wks so bad?  

stepmomtwo1

Actually we decided that we will pay the full amount the beginning of August so we can skip the Sept payment. Then we will be done

flewwellin

I hope I didn't come across bitchy...I think that child support issues is really difficult for everyone.  Especially the ones who are so close yet still are getting screwed!  I am so happy for you guys, there isn't a day that I don't think "C is only 14 years away from child support ending"  I know that may sound horrible but he is my youngest step kid and at the tender age of 4 I have already begun counting down the years to his high school graduation!  

jilly

I'm with ya on that one!  My DH has a 7 year old daughter (soon to be 8) and I'm doing the countdown for her.  He also has a 4 year old son (soon to be 5).  Doing the countdown on him too!  LOL  The only problem I have with the final countdown....once it's all said and done I'm gonna be too old to enjoy the extra money.  Guess it will help pay for my medications! LOL  Uur DD will be 16 when her brother turns 18, which will free up money for prom dresses, HS ring, graduation expenses, etc.  Come to think of it...it never ends does it??!! ARRRGGHHHH

stepmomtwo1

I met dh when sd was only 4 so I know just what your talking about. Now that it's finally here the only thing I feel bad about is wanting my own kids lives to move faster so we could be done. Our oldest dd is 14 so this will help with a third car and all the extras that come with high school. Funny the ex took us back when sd started high school showing she had a need for more money, but then a month later pulled her out to home school her. I know home school is not free but it has to be cheaper then public school (lunches,extra class fees on top of book fees, sports fees, gas for running to the school three times a day etc.

dontunderstand

While I am not on the count down yet, :)  I truely can't stand that CS is spent on trips for mom to go to Vegas and new tattoos, etc. Yet SD doesn't have clothes or shoes that fit...