Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical relief....

Started by dipper, Jun 23, 2005, 06:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Hi all, My dh pays cs, he carries the health and dental ins. and pays 75%copays.  Well, bm is making good money now. The order is based on her part-time job as a waitress.  Now, she is working a much higher paying job full-time.  She had moved last year to manage a store, and nothing was ever changed.  That job ended, but she now works for relatives....

Okay, so dh has had health problems - we still have over $1000 to pay one hospital from his admittance last year.  He is now having problems again and needs an MRI and the doc doesnt want him working right now.

We are broke.  SS was badly burned in  April - and dh's part of that is over $3200 already.  We simply cant afford this.  

BM bought $168 bandages after the doc told her it was only necessary for small wounds and use her discretion.  She never used these bandages but cannot take them back....and expects us to pay for them.  Oh..and she had about 90 bandages in her possession and sent an empty wrapper here for us to buy him bandages while here!!!!

She has worked against dh in finding out insurance info. from the people's home ss was at - and the child that kicked the fire onto him...

Is there anyway that dh can file for medical relief - at least to have the bills split in half?  Will the judge order retroactive - or would he probably just say going forward, if there is a change at all?

flewwellin

I'm not sure about it being retroactive, however because of the change of jobs (ex's) I'd definitely file for Child support adjustments.  Also to modify the medical because of your DH's inability to work per doctors orders I'd say go for temporary medical releif and to split bills in half.  He may even seek her covering the medical insurance that may have to wait until the new sign up time comes along.  Definitely file to get an adjustment and good luck I'll be praying for you guys.

4honor

Get your Dh's medical condition fully documented (by 2 or more physicians).
Then take that information into court and ask for a reduction in CS PLUS a change in the percentage of the medical PLUS

ASK FOR THE BM TO BE ORDERED TO COOPERATE IN THE LIABILITY SUIT AGAINST THE OTHER FAMILY. ASK THAT IF SHE INTERFERES OR FAILS TO COOPERATE IN ANY WAY that she be left with any unpaid medical bills. (If she cooperates, the other insurance company should pay for all bills or limit out.)

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

dipper

Well, today dh was served a new summons from the court - they have pushed the court date back two weeks because of the additional filings for medical copay modification and show cause.  

I am just worried that the longer this stretches out, the more unlikely it will be that dh will get any sort of retroactive help.....I feel strongly that he will indeed get some adjustments though.......