Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone know what this means on my paystub...

Started by wallyworld, Jun 30, 2005, 08:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

Okay.... New order/amount was supposed to be deducted May 14 via wage withholding.   For some reason court NEVER sent over the new income deduction order to my employer.  I contacted them and they said a court order would suffice HOWEVER that because I was quitting employment with them it would be pointless at this time to enter it cuz by the time they got it started my employment with them would be over.  

So I have been paying the difference at my local court house.

The order mentioned that I could either pay the arreage off at once or pay 27 biweekly until it was paid in full.

I opted to pay it in full and did so.

Sooo.  Today I got to pick up my last check and  under garnishment where it usually says 70 it said O.

BUT....

There was a new deduction for this:  FAM/CHILD CSFX  with the amount of 163.00--- This is the first time this has EVER appeared on any check.

WEll I did the math = My new cs order of 136 biweekly + 27 for arrearge (even though it SHOULDN"T be deducted as I already paid it) equals 163.  So am assuming that the courts FINALLY sent it to Walmart BUT of course didn't notifiy them NOT to withhold the 27 for arrearege cuz I already paid it.

I sent my new employer the court order with a cover letter stating to NOT deduct the arrearage as I have already paid it in full ; so hopefully lthe correct amount will be deducted when I finally receive my first paycheck.

1.  Does anyone know what FAM/CHILD CSFX is.  Does it appear on any of your paystubs\?  Do you think that I am right in assuming it is the amount for the new child support amount + arrearage?  (What is throwing me off is the fact that my child support taken out is always listed next to garnishment.

2.  How do I get my 27 dollars back.  May seem trivial to you guys BUT i am NOT willing to pay her 1 dollar too much as she has made my life a living hell and has cost me over 10,000 in lawyer fees alone just to see my daughter!

MYSONSDAD

I would try a google search and see if it comes up and explains. Check the Illinois State Child Enforcement website, might be something there. I would not pay 1 cent more either.

If anything, ask Soc.

How is your summer? Did your daughter get there okay?

"Children learn what they live"

wallyworld

Yes, she has been here a month already.  She also doesn't want to leave she wants to stay here forever.... Its sad.

penny

Hey Ill. I'm in Missouri. Legally they have to refund your money. They can not keep what is not owed. We paid in Missouri. We have sent checks in early, only to get a refund back in the mail of the full amount. Then 5 days later have a case worker calling saying we didn't make her payment. We just sign their check and send it back to them. I'm sure we create quite the book keeping nightmare. We have a friend who paid to Ill. He had it completely paid off, and according to his record he had paid too much, Took two years but they finally refunded his money, 2500.00. He had them right a letter saying he was paid in full. About 6 months ago he got a letter from Ill. prosecutor saying he owed another 3500.00. He had to take off work and meet with this guy and prove that he didn't owe this money. If I were you keep all record of payment, we made a child support log on computer and printed copies off of Mo.  CS website of payments made and checks they sent to her. This saved us 1700.00, Missouri said we owed 1891.82 and we really owed 191.82. We made our last payment to her in March 2005. Kinda strange to have money left in the check book.

awakenlynn

We deal with Il and SDU will NOT refund any money sent erroniously.  We have child support abated for our summer visit.  They didn;t "process' it in time and we paid for the full 8 weeks.  They told us we had to contact the ex and if she wouldn't pay it back to take her to small claims court.

That is what you may have to do.