Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody Changed still have Past Child Support Due

Started by swilloug, Aug 02, 2005, 02:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swilloug

My husband is now CP of SS.  Husband has outstanding child support BM now has to pay CS.  BM has paid some support but is past due also (she has paid for two months and some $30 over to try to get caught up).

The state is now coming after my husband (CP) for past support.  We are in Missouri, is there a way that we won't have to come up with the money but just deduct it from what she owes?  

In 2001 visitation was established and they switched the case to a different county since then the state has never applied the over payments (for arrearage) to the orginal order.

Any help with trying to sort this out would be great!

Thanks

penny

Wow, somebody from Missouri. Hi. My husband and I have been in the support system in Mo. for 15 years.  My ex owes me 77,000.00 in back support. My husband has been paying for 15 years. We have a cs log and keep track of his payments. Good thing we kept records, because they were off by 1700.00
We only owe his ex 192.82 and she is done. On my case, I finally got fed up and called Washington D.C. They gave me a ladies phone #, She is in charge of Mo. cs. Her name is Jean and here is her # 573-526-3546. She is the only one I have ever talked to that seem to know the answers.

swilloug

I will have my husband call.  Thank you for the information.  He is scheduled for cout the beginning of September.

Did you get the $1700 mix up deducted from the past due amount?

penny

Yes, we finally have it straightened out. I keep track with them on line. Payment started showing up that we didn't make. I called the accountant and he said it was called creative book keeping. Payments showed up but were not paid to her. Then all of a sudden they were in balance. The one lady from Interstate Collections was a real B*tch. She said she was going to suspend my husbands drivers license if he didn't pay the 1700.00 dollars. I told her to go ahead but that would not be smart since we own an auto repair business. Next month we are going to pay her off and add an extra dollar. We will get a refund check for that dollar and have it framed to put on the wall. Goodluck, just make sure you have the info all in order. What county are you in?

swilloug

We are in Jackson County.  The CS order started in Jackson county then swiched to Pettis County and now it is back in Jackson.

penny

Are you guys going through Child support enforcement? If you are, you should be able to do this on the phone in mediation. Everytime we had to deal with raising CS or past due it was done on the phone. They will get you both on the phone with 3 way calling. It cost a little money but better than having to go to court. I think they have the forms on web site. If not call  the case worker and inform them of your case and that they both owe each other money, seems like it would be to easy to a logical person, but you have to remember its government. They can take a little problem and turn it into a nightmare. That is their job to make a lot of paper work that nobody can understand, If they ran the government like a business, credits, debits and a balance sheet you would not have the problem of  both of them owing back support to each other. Sounds like an easy fix to me, but who am I. Oh thats right I run a business and all my crap balances every month down to the penny. One debt should cancel the other out, making a  debit to only one person. Its really not that hard. Let me know what happens. Just had to slam the brain power of our so smart government workers. Makes you wonder sometimes if they can even balance their own checkbook.