Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

drivers license suspension

Started by marybeth33, Jul 21, 2005, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marybeth33

My ex husband has paid a total of 16.00 EVER in child support for twin boys age 10 (244.00 per month is his requirement). HE is over 10,000 in arrears and refuses to work. He was showing up for visitation and he lives 2 hours away - his choice he moved in with his girlfriend who refuses to live in the city. Anyway. now his drivers license is suspended because he hasnt paid child support.

Curious what he has to do to get his license reeinstated? Anyone know? This is for Minnesota.

Thanks!

MaryBeth

jilly

I would think he'd have to get the arrears paid off.  Check the laws in your State or call child support enforcement and ask them.

lucky

I live in MN and when pbfh's license was "suspended" (she hadn't had one in 7-8 years due to driving w/o insurance then no DL tickets, she called and complained because she'd gone to the DMV to take her test and they told her of the CS suspension.

She was told that she had to pay the arrears off in full because she'd defaulted on the previous payment plan.

SO, if he's had a payment plan (sounds like no) he may be able to get one and after complying with it (or perhaps just setting one up if the cse officer is in a good mood) he should be reinstated.  Otherwise, he probably will have to pay the arrears off.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

MYSONSDAD

Depends on the State and what they will do.

A friend of mine just cleared his up by going down to the CS Enforcement Agency. Worked out a payment plan and had to sign a "Good Faith Agreement"

Only thing is, if you screw up, your toast...

Check your State and see what you can do.

rainbow1

Make sure you have proof that he has a valid driver's license before you let the kids go anywhere with him driving.

dontunderstand

We are in WA.  Our BM has 9 pages on her driving record.  She has an extensive history of no insurance, hit and run, following too close, speeding in a school zone, no seat belts, filing a false police report, etc.  There is NO way she can pay all of the fines and she fails to go to court.  Her license should be suspended.  How do we find out?  When DH asked her if she had a valid license, she called yelling and swearing and told DH "it is none of your gawd damn business if I do or if I don't have a license!"  We sure would be in court if it was one of us that was in question!  Do we have to continue to let SD go with her knowing how horribly unsafe and irresponsible she is???  The kicker is that she states in all of her declarations that WE don't care about SD's safety!  

marybeth33

Child support directed me to Minnesota department of motor vehicles. Gave me the # - I called and said I need to know if my ex husbands license is valid becuase his scheduled visitation is this weekend. They can only give you a yes or no answer no details.

jilly

You could get an attorney to order his driving record.  That will tell you traffic violations and will show the date of any suspension of his driver's license.  I think an attorney is the only person who is able to request/receive this information.  Look on the DMV website and there should be information on how to order a driving record and who is authorized to request one.

IceMountain

Does your state have a court website?  In Iowa I can track the ex's court records and see when she has not had her license.  Under 'filings' I can see what court action was taken on whatever case it is.  It will list 'notice of suspension' and 'notice to withdraw suspension'.  She last lost her license in March and got them back in April.  She was transporting my child at that time.  Problem is I just found out about a month ago.  I never thought to look at the 'filings' for a speeding ticket... now I know!

dontunderstand

WA is finally adding new resources.  We still don't know if she has her license or not, BUT we did find out she had court today and court on 8/30 for 2 more criminal, 2 more non criminal and 2 more traffic tickets? This will make 32 open cases!  UNREAL and again we are unsafe!!!  Anymore ideas, please let me know!!! Thank you~all.