Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

drivers license suspension

Started by marybeth33, Jul 21, 2005, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Yeah, right before her next visitation, call the cops and tell them of your suspicions.  There's a possibility they might be able to tell you if she has one either way, but if not, ask them to do a stand-by for when she arrives at your house and let THEM run a license check on her.  Remember, regardless of what she says, you do NOT have to release the children to her if she doesn't have a valid license.  In fact, if you do release them to her, she is not valid, and she gets into trouble (or heaven forbid another accident and the kids get hurt), CPS could come down on YOU like ugly on a gorilla for letting them go with her.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

dontunderstand

The police will do NOTHING!  "not enough man power"  The dept. of licensing will tell us nothing!  You know the usual "it's confidential"  so her privacy is protect, but our SD is not protected from this person!!!  Any other suggestions will be VERY helpful!!!

marybeth33

I was going to say the same thing. I called the police in the city where Ex husband lives because he is driving with his girlfriends child in the car and I know drove my kids in the car without a license ( found out after the fact) The police said we dont just sit and wait around for a guy to illegally get in a car and drive. Unless he has a traffic violation- speeding, expired tabs  etc..he wont get caught. I was pretty mad and said how can you condone a man illegally driving with children in the car? He said maam you will have to take this up in court. I cant help you. I said gee what faith i have in our state police enforcement after this phone call (sigh)

I

dontunderstand

It is absolutely absurd to me that it is okay for these people to be ALLOWED to drive without a license.  It is more absurd to me that this BM has 32 OPEN (unpaid) CASES!  32! and she is still able to not only drive, but even when she does get pulled over it is just another ticket!  In our case she actually takes SD to court with her and then lies to her about what court is about, because it is NEVER EVER her fault!  uuuggghhh!!!

marybeth33

Sounds like my ex---

Hes just a VICTIM of everyone else and his family and everyone close to him he convinces to pity him ---- ughhh  YA RIGHT VICTIM my ____!! Ughhh sorry for you frustration and pain I sure can relate!

dontunderstand

Thanks, it is so nice that others really do understand.  Close friends and family think that we are taking this too far.  Is there such a thing when it comes to your kids?...BUT, DH had to go to the DOL today and we happened to get the guy I got last time and he remembered me.  I asked him about her driving history and what can we do?  He gave us the number to our DOL in Olympia (the big dogs;) ) He also suggested that we call CPS becasue of the concern of safety of SD, anyone have any thoughts on this???

BigFamily

Small world, we're in Olympia also.

Call the sheriff's office and tell them that she's driving without vehicle insurance AND a suspended driver's license, AND she's picking up your step-daughter on such & such a date at such & such a time. Do the foot-work for them.
Oh, and you might want to call the Thurston County Sheriff's office. They have done civil stand-by's for us more readily than the Olympia Police department has. They'd probably be more willing to do something about the ex's driving situation than the Police.

If that doesn't work, break out her tail light. ;)

Kitty C.

Forgot to mention that............don't even bother with the local police, they don't like to get involved with things liike this.  ALWAYS call the sheriff's office instead.  And if you don't get any satisfaction from them, contact the state atty. general......that office is the lead law enforcement in your state.  And they don't like to hear that local depts. won't do their jobs of PROTECTING ALL our citizens.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

dontunderstand

We are on the othere side of the state ;(  they are so unwilling to do anything for us...

Mom of 2 Girls

Hi,

Just curious, I know that Support and visitation are 2 seperate issues, but if someone has an Ex who has a suspended license....do you permit them to pick up the kids for visitation in their car if they are driving it?

Mom of 2 Girls