Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

drivers license suspension

Started by marybeth33, Jul 21, 2005, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontunderstand

That is what we are trying to figure out.  BM has had two DWLS in the last 2 months alone!!!  How can she continue to drive with SD in the car???  

marybeth33

I REFUSE to allow my children in the car with my ex who has a suspended drivers license. He knows he must provide PROOF of his his license reinstatement before I will allow the children back in the car with him

DO NOT ALLOW your children in the car - you could be held liable!

dontunderstand

Okay 2 questions, what state are you in and we are the NCP's so wouldn't we be in contempt?

wendl

My ex doesn't have a license due to many reasons. By court order he is NOT allowed to transport our son, until he obtains a valid license. I usually do all the driving (when we lived close)

Now his mom (my sons grandma) buys the plane ticket and picks up my son from the airport, so she usually does the driving for my ex (well she usually takes the visitation not dad)

But I am in the insurance industry and NO WAY would I allow a child to be in a car with an unlicensed person or a person who does not carry insurance.

marybeth33

I am in Minnesota

as to the second question -- what is the transportation agreement in the divorce decree? or custody arrangement? If you are required to drive and pick up the child/children than yes you could be however no police officer or judge once they know that the CP has no drivers license  is going to file suit against you for protecting the child.

Bottom line a lawyer needs to get involved here...

dontunderstand

PP says that "the recieving parent provides transportation."  I know that is we don't let her pick her up all h@** will break loose.  We are dealing with someone that is 51 cards short of a full deck!!!