Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daycare and CS - Question

Started by askray, Aug 29, 2005, 08:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

askray

The ex-gf and I are going to court to have a formal CS order set.  When I look at the CS guidelines for my state, (MA), I notice that daycare costs can be taken into account.

My daughter is 4 months old and I am the ncp.  She goes to daycare at her grandmother's house, (my ex's mother), M, T and W and goes to my ex's friend's house on T and F.

The ex doesn't pay her mother anything for daycare and pays her friend $35/day for my daughter and my ex's 9 year old son from a previous marriage.

When we go to court to have the CS set, how would daycare costs factor into our final CS order based on the above arrangement?  Should I expect her to put in for daycare costs based on half of the $35/day she pays her friend to take care of both children?  Will she need to provide documented proof of the cost for daycare in order to factor daycare into the CS order?

Does it matter that neither daycare providers for my daughter are licensed?

If daycare is taken into consideration in setting the CS amount, do I have any say in who the daycare provider is?  Can I make her go to a licensed daycare provider?

Also, I really think that having two different day care providers for my daughter is wrong.  I think having a predictable daily schedule is more appropriate for a 4 month old.  Can I push for her to only have one daycare provider based on this?

Thanks

flewwellin

I live in NC where they also take into account daycare during child support being determined. The judge in our case was crappy (IMO) I'd fight to have your daughter placed in an ACCREDITED daycare center.  Have a list of daycare names, director's names, who the teacher would be and also how much it would cost wkly for you to have her attend this daycare.  This would show you are willing to pay more for better care for your daughter and that you do indeed know what the daycares pricing is like.

wendl

Add in the order WORK RELATED DAYCARE ONLY.  I personally would want a licensed daycare then you at least know the person has taken CPR, and has had a criminal background check.  In my DH's order the cost cannot be more than XX per day.

If you have joint legal custody then you should have a voice in whom your childs daycare provider is.

We don't have CS included in our CS garnishment, Dh was to pay his % directly to the provider when he received a copy of the bill.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

snapplegirl69

Daycare can be taken into account,but alot of the time it isnt,its just included into the cs,Like say I pay $80/wk to bm and then she puts child into daycare.My cs wont go up.BM has,and shes greedy,so if she could and get away with it,she would have.Also,if you think about it,it is $17.50 for your daughter,because you are not responsible to pay for her other child.I think they will probally want a daycare provider who is liscensed to prove a bill.

Try this link.Chat with a law librarian.They can help you

http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/chat.html