Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:43:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

getting back lost drivers license

Started by stepmom2morgan, Aug 31, 2005, 09:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepmom2morgan

Hi.  My DH lost his license in Feb because he lost his job and hadn't paid support for 3 months.  His CSE case manager is a witch, he wasn't even $1000 behind.  (I've caught her in two mistakes saying we owe money we don't and she seems to hate us since then).  Anywhoo, that's besides the point.  He finally found a job.  He calls the case manager and asks what he has to do to get his license back.  She says she wants half of what he owes.  We won't be able to pull that off for at least a couple weeks.  

We live out in the country so taxis or public transportation are not options for us.  Also I will be at work during the time he has to drive to and from work.  The only option is for him to drive without a license which we hate to take that chance but he has to keep this job!  It took so long for him to find it!  The economy sucks around here.  

So he asked if he could at least have work driving priveleges but she said no they don't do that.  I don't understand.  Even people who lose their licenses for driving infractions often at least have work priveleges!  

Is she full of it and just telling my DH this because she always wants to give us a hard time?  Does anybody out there know more about this than we do?  Any input would be great.  I will fight her, go to her supervisor or whatever, if I know there is a point to it but if there is no point I'd rather not fight because she hates us enough as it is.  Thanks so much!

BTW we live in Ohio.

Best Wishes,
stepmom2morgan

4honor

to answer that question for you... and if you don't like the case worker, go over her head... she is already behaving in a manner inconsistent with unbiased handling of the case.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

flewwellin

I'd say that maybe you should file a motion now that he has a job so that he can have work driving privelages given to him by a judge this way the case worker can't be in it at all.  I'd also request that he be given a different case worker at the local CSE office.