Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The wicked stepmother!

Started by gipsy, Dec 15, 2003, 07:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

Indigo,
I agree with you. My husbands ex-wife told me "my kids are no concern of yours, you only need to concern yourself with xx and your child"

Ya right, they become a concern of mine when I married my hubby.

My stepmom is a wonderfull woman, I have all the respect in the world for her and now being a stepmom myself I understand the BS my stepmom had to deal with--with my mother and respect her even more for that, not to say he had to deal with my mom, her husband (my dad) termially ill and then passed, my stepmom is a strong and beautiful woman.

:-)

Kitty C.

Not just because I am one, either.  DS has a step-mother who is worth her weight in gold.  She just called me a week ago and told me she wanted to do something for DS.  His dad had money for DS in a money market account, but SM didn't like the returns.  BTW, this lady is a MAGICIAN with numbers and taxes.  So she wanted to send me paperwork on moving the money into an investment account she researched, since they need my permission as legal guardian to do it.  THEN she told me that she was going to invest $2500 into it as well!  BLEW me away!

Then DS just got a Christmas card in the mail from her, with $40 in it!  PLUS, she wrote a note that said a package was on the way, too!  This lady is TOO much!

I LOVE her for loving my son as much as she does.  I truely believe that if anything were to happen to her, it would devastate me as much as DS's dad passing.  DS even asked me, shortly after his dad died, what would happen if SM died.  I PROMISED him that he would be there, if I had anything to do with it, and would go with him if he wanted me to.  And I would want to, too.  It's the least I could do to commemorate someone who gave SO much to my son..........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wendl

Kitty,
My father passed before my child was born, then I had my child and she invests part of the money that she receives from my fathers death into an acct for my child. She is remarried and he is great too, she treats my child and my stepkids great she loves us all, she never forgets birthdays holidays etc.

My mom feels I should have nothing to do with this woman since my father is no longer alive, I told my mom to take a flying leap.  Whern I had my chidl baptised(sp) my mom was so mad at me cuz I invited my stepmom, I told my mom this was my childs day and if she couldn't deal with my stepmom there she could leave, later when my mom and sisters went to eat, she informed me that my stepmom was not allowed at anymore family functions, I told my mom that she can't make me choose, cuz she wouldn't like the outcome.
Then when I got married I included my father in my vows, invited my stepmom, her hubby and her mother, ohhh my mom was floored.  I told my mom that it was my day, I paid for it and she could leave if she wanted.

Kitty C.

She just couldn't believe you'd do that, did she?  Some people just don't get it.  Because they can't look inside themselves and see that the MAJORITY of the problem is with THEM.

I'm glad you did it YOUR way.  I hear SO many times about people who get married and are worried about inviting whomever because they're afraid of what someone else may do.  I ALWAYS tell them to do EXACTLY what THEY want, it's THEY'RE day!  If someone can't ahndle that, they can just leave.  And if they ain't mature enough to deal with it, you don't need them there in the first place.

Your SM sounds like a wonderful person, equal to DS's SM.  Ain't it great to have such an example to follow?  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wendl

Kitty,
The sad thing is when my sister got married my mom said if you invite your stepmom I WILL NOT pay for the wedding, so my sister didn't invite her.

I knew my mom would do the same thing so I didn't ask or hint that she would need to help out and did it on my own with the help of my stepmom and mother in law.

My mom isn't a very nice person, she called me earlier this week to inform me she was opening a bank acct for my child and putting xx amount in it for xmas bdays etc. I said fine, then she said she sent him a small gift for xmas, I asked her did you send the other kids anything?? Her reponse was" NO Why would I" I said "cuz they are my stepkids and your grandkids and we don't play favorites at our house, if you do for one you need to do for all or do nothing at all" needless to say my mom wasn't happy when I hung up on her, dh was soooo pissed he even sent her an email basically saying if you cannot accept our family then you need to stay out and not distrupt it and that dh accepted my mom, her hubby my sisters their kids etc.  However me being the bigger person I still sent her the gift the kids and I made for her.

I hate to say it when she is old and needs someone to take care of her she will be sorry for the things she has done to people.