Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Adjusting Support in California

Started by airforcedad, Oct 12, 2005, 10:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airforcedad

Hi there,
  Father of 3... recently was granted got custody of 1 (14years old), other 2 came to visit for summer and oldest (16 years old) decided he wanted to live with me.  Mother verbally agreed to change of custody to her and my lawyer but only if I continued to pay her the child support for the two I was previously paying.  Now after having the 2 for a few months we are going back to court for the formal custody papers.  I am sure she will not agree to the change of support ($1,100 a month swing in support)  Does anyone here have any info on how Calif support works?  I am still paying $15,000 in lawyers bills from her fighting for custody of first child so any support I get will go to paying off that.  I just hate paying her support our son who lives with me.

Any info will be appreciated

Thanks,
AirForceDad

Totally Frustrated

Hi

Just joined this afternoon is search of help too.  I'm not an expert but I'll share my experiences with this.

CA's child support law is based on time.  For example: 30% you, 70% her.  Using 70%, the judge will base the amount of child support you must pay to your X.  

If I'm reading your post correctly, you want to stop paying support for the two since they now live with you?

breezy

try the calculator here. CA does base it's CS on time spent w/each parent.
You will have to play around with the calculator since you will have 2 kids and her 1... hope you find it useful!

http://www.dadsdivorce.com/resources/calcs.php