Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support, how can it be lowered by the CP?

Started by spirit, Nov 03, 2005, 09:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirit

Since you are from Ohio, do you know if this is the situation here, just fill out a form?

MafiaMom

the clerk of court is probably your best bet. I tried to google for you, but since I don't know your county, I got a bunch of websites that just gave EXAMPLES with Ohio being used as one or some...and on various issues.

A simple phone call to the clerk of court will help. And you may be able to download the forms online. Here in michigan they've implemented a filing fee for pro se issues, so be sure to ask about that, too.
Love me without fear-Need me without demanding-Trust me without question-Want me without restrictions-Accept me without change. Find my soul and I'm yours 4ever

sherrie ohio

Alot depends on if you receive state aid.If you do the state isn't going to want the amount decreased.Because the more he pays the less they have to give you.Also how old the child is and if the real father wants to step up to the plate,and pay.Most of my time dealing with c-support  has been as a Step-parent.And the BM gets state aid and theres no way they would alow the decrease in support if they have to make up the differance.I'm not forshure what the court would say if your not on state aid.Post your question on the state forum on this site.There may be someone on there that may have better info. Good luck.

spirit

marnbuk

I would just agree on an amount with the NCP and give back the extra every month without going through the courts. You never know what will come up when you start getting the courts involved. Or if the NCP is providing the medical insurance mail the extra in on the premiums so he isnt covering all of the support. Put the extra in a savings account for graduation, first car, college, etc. That would still help both parents. I am sure he will not be opposed to either one. Be carefull with going to court in my state they only like to modify child support every three years. If you petition to lower it and something happens that you need the extra support (unexpected illness,injury,loss of job,etc.) then you have to go back to the courts and NCP may not be so agreeable to increase support then you have the expense of modification. Anything you can agree on outside of court is in your best interest.