Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 02:01:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question about Support & Split Custody

Started by Otto Mann, Dec 30, 2005, 12:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Mann

I'm in Virginia and have Split custody of 2 children. I have figured out that to determine support due for each child 2 seperate calculations are done. My question is as far as medical insurance is concerned......both children are being covered by the same parent. I'll use $200 a month as the amount it costs. So when I figure the support owed for each child should I split the insurance cost......$100 for each child. It seems if I use $200 in each case it would work out that it's figuring it at a cost of $400 which would be unfair to the party NOT paying the insurance. Any help??

4honor

The cost per child is the total cost divided by the number of children it covers.
I.e., if the parent paying for the insurance pays  $200 for all their children and there is 2 children of the marriage and one from a previous relationship, then the cost is $66.67 per child and the you figure for each child.

Then your figure what she owes him for the one she has and figure what he owes her for the one he has and take the higher from the lower. The only money changing hands is the difference.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

Otto Mann

Thanx for the reply!! I figured I would split the cost but wanted to make sure.