Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 06:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CS Mod in MA

Started by mustrelax, Feb 04, 2006, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustrelax

Hi,
I live in MA.  I filed for modification due to a criminal problem that caused me to lose my job and license.  I have continued to pay all support except for 3 months while I was incarcerated.

The modification is due to my income going from 6 figures to practically minimum wage.

My Ex is a personal trainer making 40-60k off the books.  She files no taxes and is paid in cash.  She is a part time nurse and does report about 20k/year in those wages.

I never cared in the past about her unreported income due to my job and child support was not a problem to pay, (1200/mnth).

Should I report her to the IRS to help my case on modification?  If so, should I hold off court date or let my current support continue into the arrears?

Thanks

leon clugston

never if possible go in arrears, you cant wiave them, nor can a court, retroactively decrease support in arrears, but she can if she wanted. The downside to youre income decreasing is the fact that these jackals dont care, and in most state plans are required to put you in at a potental level regaurdless if you can go there again or not, however the reason behind youre decrease, pending whether or not it was intentional might favor ok, but rarely will it. A person has to know how to fight it correctly and lawfully and there is no way or alloted space to explain it to you short of just saying you can try, as far as her tax returns, or non applicateing income you better have some substantial proof to what you say or they want care, and cash is hard to proof.

leon clugston

never if possible go in arrears, you cant wiave them, nor can a court, retroactively decrease support in arrears, but she can if she wanted. The downside to youre income decreasing is the fact that these jackals dont care, and in most state plans are required to put you in at a potental level regaurdless if you can go there again or not, however the reason behind youre decrease, pending whether or not it was intentional might favor ok, but rarely will it. A person has to know how to fight it correctly and lawfully and there is no way or alloted space to explain it to you short of just saying you can try, as far as her tax returns, or non applicateing income you better have some substantial proof to what you say or they want care, and cash is hard to proof.

leon clugston

leon clugston

mustrelax

Thanks,

I received a letter from Dept. of Revenue yesterday stating that my application was "Approved" due to financial hardship.  Now, I am just waiting for a court date for modification.

Also, the letter stated that levy's had been lifted off my financial sources.  Banks, etc....  Could this mean I could possibly process my taxes and expect a refund without it getting intercepted?  Not sure.

Also, monies that I had put into the children's college fund during the months of October, November were levied from the state and paid to the X.  This equals over $2500 and now that is down the tubes..  X and wife immediately took week vacation, and I am still responsible to save for the children's education.

I receive transistional aid temp. from the state.  Insurance, food, and small amount of monthly cash.  90% is spent on children.

I do not want to report to  the IRS and open a can of worms.   But, owning a 350k townhouse, 400/month car, and high weekly maintenence.  Wouldnt the state like to see some income coming in?

Again, she is in a cash business.   She has a wife, but, she is in the same exact biz.

Just want what is fair..

Thanks

leon clugston

One has to remember that even though they lifted the levies there can still be the leins, and garnishments in place, and the tax return iontercept is a whole diferent thing altogther, but wont go into that detail for fear of confuseing.
   The State in cleaning out the educational acccount is avery good standing in a court, and very well should be addressed over and over again in court and anywhere else that is possible.
   Part of the problem is you are receiving Aid from the State but I couldn't explain that in a proper way for you to understand however if you were to mail nickolas-mtaonline,net there is a lot of info that could be sent.
    The state dont care what her real income is, or very few do, however you could try the IRS, but just try to think of something tenative that has standing or can be shown easily, w/ out to much of there time or efforts, reported one myself, who the IRS ignors still to this day, the thing is they dont have an income but have a house ,cars,trailors and land.