Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How does a NCP request an increase in child support?

Started by awakenlynn, Feb 10, 2006, 07:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awakenlynn

My husband currently pays child support weekly, but he is getting a small raise later this year(cost of living raise).  Anyways, we told the State's Attorney that we would pay the 20% on any raise he got, and we have been paying quarterly for the months that he must pay support(the summer months are abated).  Well, with this new raise and paying quarterly, it is a pain.

Can we ask the ex(CP) to sign a stipulation agreeing to raise the support a certain amount?  For example(not real amounts) we pay $50 a week and we are sending in $30 quarterly.  Can we ask that the support increase to $52.50 weekly?

I know its hard to answer, but based on your experiences: Do you think she would agree or take us to court to try for a bigger increase than she should be allowed?

I would prefer to do a quick stipulation and have it signed by a judge before we go to court on other issues.

If we were to write the stipulation ourselves, where would we find a template to work with?

Thanks.

MixedBag

Are you paying through CSE or anything?

Usually they will work this type of stuff up for you (for free).

Just make sure that the numbers you are working with would be the same numbers CSE comes up with.

I have one EX who didn't understand the system and he wanted his CS cut in half when the oldest emancipated.  BUT the number crunch showed the opposite....even with one emancipating, the formula showed an INCREASE of over $200.  This happened because he had been UNDERPAYING for years and I never asked for an increase.  

It took a phone call from the CSE worker to say "Hey, this is how it works and you should accept her deal."

awakenlynn

I would except our numbers would not match theirs.  The current agreement is between us, ex and Assistant State Attorney.  The CSE(SDU here) would not follow the agreement and would come up wit their own numbers.  If we could get her to agree to the extra few dollars a month(the 20% of the raise), it would still keep us status quo with the current order in effect.  I am afraid that once we announce his raise(court ordered to keep the record up to date), she will go after a big raise.  One we can't afford.

MixedBag

I tried to pm, but you've disabled that part of your profile.

I can't assist further because my EX and Camilla read and print and turn everything I say around and take it to the judge.

awakenlynn