Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CS and Custody

Started by Miller, Feb 14, 2006, 12:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

My ex had threatened for years that if I ever tried to review CS, he would file for custody. I had never messed with CS but it's gotten to a point where our son's expenses are quite a bit more so a review was necessary...it has been 9 years.

Well, my ex is obviously keeping his "promise" and is now pressuring our son to move. Our son came home from spending the weekend with his dad and was so upset. He was up half the night with an upset stomach. I talked with him and asked if he was happy with how things are. He said that he is, but that he just kept telling his dad that all these questions are confusing him. It tears me apart to see my son in this position. I was so upset last night that I could have sworn I was having an anxiety attack.

So, if my ex is able to brainwash our son, how much weight does the voice of an 11 year old carry? Everything...I mean everything...in our son's life is great. Great grades, lots of activities, friends, everything! Also to note, I have sole legal and physical custody...my ex only has visitation. We are in IL.

leon clugston

why not do a split shared custody, if youre ex is that interested and money to you is not the issue, but thats just my opinion, that and child support is nothing more than a way for the states to collect revenue, read the state plan as required under the social security act title IV-d and you will see what ime talking about,,the actual true state plan is approximately 100-1000 pages long it is quite informative.

Miller

my ex refuses to communicate at all.  i've tried since our divorce to get him to co-parent with me but he won't.  when our son went through a rough patch in school once, my ex refused to even take my calls to discuss it.

shared custody is a nice idea, but both parents have to be willing to communicate or it will never work.  this is the problem that we have...he refuses to communicate.  honestly, i think it's more to do with his wife because she doesn't want him communicating with me.  the only "communication" that we have is via e-mail and it's her e-mail address.  so, i'm sure she's the one controlling it completely.

leon clugston

if that is the case then it is truelly sad,

4honor

by using a spiral bound notebook. THey write the child's needs and concerns and the next parent reads and uses the info. They only call if there is a question on the information in the book.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.