Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:02:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CS after custody switch...venting venting venting....

Started by hatewelfare, Feb 18, 2006, 04:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisjames

I finally, after two years, have obtained custody of my daughter.  

During my non-custodial stint I paid 95 dollars a week in child support even when I was not working for 5 months because I had cancer.   My sick pay covered my child support, medical expenses and left me with 129 a week to support my new family as my wife was not working because she was pregnant and on bed rest.  While my ex made 500 a week and got 95 from me......I lived off 129 a week.  It was all pretty sad.  

After petitioning the court to review my CS because I had my daughter 3 1/2 days a week I was denied because I didn't know I had to ask for that when I got the change in parenting time.  I had to hire an attorney and finally ended up with CS of 47 a week.  

Now that I have custody of my daughter and her mother only has supervised visitation, I asked her to give me some of my daughter's clothes from her house to supplement her wardrobe.  BM would rather my daughter's clothes sit in the closet and she outgrow them before she will give them to me.  It will be months before she is allowed unsupervised visitation or overnights.  I didn't want to go the CS route but I have decided to GO FOR IT!!  I HOPE ALL GOES WELL.

Genie

Sic the county or state on her. In IL it is called Child Support Enforcement.  Other states have other names, but you should be able to find a site on the county website.

Join the crowd. I haven't received a dime in CS from my Ex husband and am supporting 2 young children on my own.  Probably will never get any since he owes his first wife over 10K.  Kids are expensive. Knowing her to be how she is, I'm surprised you even thought she would pay you.

Honestly, I about the situation with the GF. Maybe not live with her.  She is a huge expense with her 4 children. Don't know if she receives CS from her ex(s) or not but that has got to be alot of your money problems.  Now with different work schedules, you may not have to do day care but you must be exhausted. I don't mean to sound mean but sometimes you have to put your child first and look at what will make your life easier. It may not be the GF but something else.

Good luck, you have several more years of this. Don't know what age son is but he must be at least 10 years old.

Sicing the county on her is your best hope since you don't have money for an attorney.  Maybe them dragging her in to court several times will scare her to pay up something. Also, they can put a garnishment on her tax refunds each year so it goes towards what she owes you and you get the money. That would be a help even if not a huge amount.