Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support

Started by got_no_rights_man, Apr 30, 2006, 08:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAT

Okay, that's it I pass. You all are right. Excuse me. Sheezz, I only lived thru the entire ordeal in an income share state where imputing the biotrolls income proved to INCREASE Mr. Kat's support obligation. But what in the heck do I know. Thank you all for running arbitary numbers to prove that you are right. Did you bother to take into consideration the amount of parenting time? Who pays for medical insurance & how much? Are both parents holding medical? Daycare? If there is more then one child in the home being a sibling, half sibling or? Travel expense? Guess not huh? Because if you had....ah well.
This board has really gone to heck with such bitterness in the past year. I think I'm done here.
KAT

cinb85

I just made a simple comment.  I, too, live in an income share state.

I don't feel that any of my posts in this thread showed any bitterness at all.  I was just trying to understand what you were saying.  I thought that maybe there was something that I was unaware of.

Ref

We too live in a shared income state and been through the works.

I'm not sure what made you so upset but I am sorry if i offended you.

Take care
Ref

got_no_rights_man

Thanks alot KAT for the reply. I love this site and wished I'd have found it along time ago. Just a few more things is that I am in the Coast Guard and my medical pays for the boyes 100%, I pay for a dental family for my new family and the boyes ( she never brought them to the dentist anywhere). Actually Maine is on the low side of CS and my current order is from CT there on the very high side. I recentlly recieved notification from Mass. DOR CSE that they are reviewing my order to up or lower it, based on current info. So I called them and they said since she got CSE services from them that they can retain juristitcion anyway so I may have to goto court in Mass. In Maine I filed contempt on her and she is fighting juristiction. Big mess.  I get tax rights as per our divorce decree but she does'nt abide by it and been found in contempt for past 5 years. Since she is remarried her 2nd navy husband claims them for earned income credit. Thanks for your help and tips!
:) :)

Giggles

Here in MD...it doesn't work that way (MD is an income share state).  I ran some numbers and was quite surprised at the results.  For instance...if the NCP made $4500 a month and the CP made $0, according to the calculator, the CS would be $616 a month.  Now if you take that same NCP making $4500 and the CP making $2500 but having to pay for childcare and health insurance, the CS would be $783 a month!!!

If you run the same numbers but not include any child care or health insurance costs...then the CS for the NCP would be $553 per month.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

cinb85

awakenlynn

no, we are in IL.  EX doesn't work, husband does.  My husband's support would not change regardless of the fact of whether or not she is working.  He pays 20% unless we can show just cause.  We did.  We have 3 kids(each judge is different if you can count them or not), and EX's husband(which she claims as income) makes 3x's as much as my husband.

MixedBag

KAT gave you good advice about crunching the numbers in many different combinations.

It's amazing at the differences that you'll see.

Jurisdiction for CS and for contempt can be two different states.

Whether or not you will receive some type of credit for the additional children since the divorce is really totally up to the judge and MIGHT be supported by the state's codes.  Since you're looking at two different states, look at both codes.

the two states are MA and CA.  

I'm thinking that you could tell MA that they no longer have jurisdiction since NEITHER parent nor child lives in that state any longer (UNLESS Mom has been in CA for less than 6 months.)

Then if Mom wants an increase, it is my understanding (and I'm just a normal person), that Mom has to file in CA who will file in your state and YOUR state's formula will be used.

If You want any adjustments, then you'll file and work off of CA calculators.

If she refuses parenting time, like you say, you gotta file in CA for contempt since neither party lives in the original state....nor where she moved to etc.
And CA takes TIME with the children into consideration.

MixedBag

I agree that jurisdiction for contempt follows the children -- therefore CA.

As for MA, you can't just call and expect them to back off.  You'll have to file an answer to their motion for adjusting child support.

Then again, I'm no attorney -- legal questions like this are best answered by Soc on the other board.

EIC -- read up on the rules, not sure you have room to complain there.  I don't think EIC is linked to being able to claim dependents on the forms, but just like to having and providing for a dependent.  Maybe someone else who is more tax smart will chime in.

ALSO, would you yourself fall under the SSCRA??? where you can invoke your rights and MA will be stuck and can't proceed???  Again, not sure about the details on how to do this....