Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 05:57:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CHILD SUPPORT

Started by Allan M, Jun 19, 2006, 09:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan M

i am currently paying 17% of my wages towards child support.  is day care included?  is schooling included?  Also, will the courts order the custodial parent to give visitation to the non custodial parent rather than have the child in day care?

leon clugston

THE ANSWER IS NO, NO, AND NO. SORRY, BUT THATS WHAT IT IS.Nothing happens unless you step up and enforce youre fundamental rights.

awakenlynn

It depends on the states involved.  Daycare more than likely will be extra.  it depends on the age of the child and if the school is a specialty.  If a regular school, there really aren;t many costs involved.

You will have to go to court and fight to get the child allowed to stay with you instead of go to daycare (basically a right of first refusal).  You would need to show how it be better and more stable.  That you have a loving home. It would help if ex would agree to it.  Most ex's don't agree because it ups your percentage time with your child and can drop the amount of support they receive.  If the child is in daycare, it is still seen as the CP's time.  
This is one that can go either way. I have heard both.

Lynn