Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:02:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I think my DH's ex is approaching the

Started by catherine, Jun 05, 2006, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine

fine line of federal child support evasion.  http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/74mcrm.htm

She now owes over $8500 in past due support.  My question is this: if she knowingly didn't file her income tax because she knew DOR would keep it and send it to us, is that also evidence that she is avoiding paying, even though she could if she really wanted to?

cinb85

I tried to file federal charges against my ex will "willful non-support" and the prosecutor wouldn't take the case.  He said that ex doesn't have the means to pay the support since he isn't working.  My ex owes over $30,000 and they pretty much don't do anything to try to collect it!  They just keep telling me that "you can't get blood from a stone".  When he IS arrested, the judge lets him go on the promise that he will come up with a certain amount of money within one week.  Ex doesn't come up with any money and they just re-issue another warrant.  

My ex never files income tax either (never hold a job for very long), but he also knows that if he does file, the money will be taken away from him and paid out in CS.

Good luck to you!  I KNOW how aggravating this is!!!

Genie

so they don't take much taxes out so there isn't really anything to receive back and have taken by the state.

My X is the same as you guys is.  At the divorce, judge basically didn't order him to pay more than CS and part of medical b/c how he afford to pay 1/2 of day care etc etc if he doesn't have a job.  Didn't seem to care that this was voluntary unemployment and he had been "unemployed" for the last 5 years!!!!

But you are right, sometimes it just isn't worth trying to get what you know isn't going to happen anyways.  My X has an employer who "refuses" to take out CS even though has been sent many garnishments.  Must be nice and so coincidental to have an employer who won't pay the CS either.