Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Govermental bondage?

Started by reagantrooper, Apr 28, 2006, 05:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skydiver

I`m so glad to hear from someone else who has faced the issue of being miserable in a job just because of child support issues. I feel for anyone in that situation. I too faced that, I even got grilled in court by an attorney and a judge because I wanted to change carreers. I wanted to leave a 40,000 a year job because I hated it and because of being laid off all of the time to go into law enforcement at 25,000 a year. The courts refused to lower my child support so now I am forced to work two jobs to make ends meet. I thought this was a free country to do what you wanted within reason until I got divorced. Now I have no parental rights whatsoever. I can`t cut my childs hair, I can`t help decide what school she attends, I have no say in her medical care, I only get to see her every other weekend and one evening a week while she spends the rest of the week in daycare all due to her over bearing mother and Ohio`s court system. This I get at the amazing rate of 500 a month while her mother makes 50,000 a year and I make 25,000, what a bargain! Yes I am very angry and bitter and I constantly wish that her mother would drop out of the picture and let me have the relationship back I once had with my daughter. I have even fought her after the divorce for more time with my daughter in Ohio`s wonderful court system only to be denied. I would love to hear from anyone else who has had similar issues. There needs to be some changes made and I would love to be involved with anyone or anything that can help to make the needed changes.

gwodzisz

I am a NCP in Ohio and I have the same experiences with the court system as you.  There is not any value placed in the 'best interest of the child' and the child support calculation is unbelievable.  I am planning to get laid off shortly and I want to file for a reduction.  I know my ex (not even a spouse) will fight to stop the reduction (even though my income will be less than 50%).  My wife makes a good living and we can afford for me not to work for a while and use unemployment to allow me to stay home and care for our 7 month old son, but we can't afford to do this with a $480/month child support obligation.  We are afraid to try to lower the child support obligation when I get laid off because my ex will probably try to get my wife's income included and that is completely unfair.  We have thought about trying to get custody of my daughter as my ex leaves her with a sitter all week, but my attorney wants a $15,000 retainer and does not truly believe the court will rule in our favor.  The Ohio Court system is extremely unfair and we don't know what to do with the situation.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

leon clugston

first off. youre wifes income is completely seperate, the state can not interprate or use her figures for anything, when it involves you And youre ex,(example to understand, you wife is, was not married to youre ex, thefor there is no contract, no obligation to her or the state due fro m youre current wife.More importantly there is no federal law, or regulations,for this action, hence the states are prohibited from takeing from another spouse.Now I wont give you lagal attorney advice, but if you can afford a $15,000.00 retainer, then you always have more money to fight,( i think you can see the point there)personally if I was you I would go for the fundamental right of having you rights secured under the commmon law, giving you 50% lagal and physical custody of youre child, you have the fundamental right, now you need the administartive court of jokes to admit it and see it.