Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CS modification for other children

Started by cathy, Jul 25, 2006, 05:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathy

Ok - going to names here cause I really don't care!  The ex is Lynn and her husband, the child-molesting scum, is Mark.  Their kid is Caitlyn.

When calculating the amount of CS Lynn pays, they give her credit for Caitlyn and subtract that amount from her income.  Then they use that remaining income to go into calculating the amount of CS she pays.  Something goofy happened when she went part-time cause they only used her income rather than her income combined with Tom's (my husband).  It is really odd.

But anyway - - if they calculate the credit for Caitlyn based on Lynn and Mark's income combined, the it would be a higher amount because the combined income is more than just Lynn's part-time income.  BUT she would only get half of that credit.  As it is, she gets full credit based on only her income.

It's really just more theoretical - and like I posted to Amy, I have to admit that there is more of a revenge/payback......and possibly, it is just time for me to let go.

I just really feel for those that truly need CS to provide for the kids that live with them -- and are stuck in this insane system.

cathy

That's a good way to sum it up!

It just makes me really feel for folks that need CS to provide for the kids.  If we were in a situation were we really depended on CS, we would be screwed.  And I know that is the exact situation lots of people find themselves in.

I'll let you know how it turns out though

becky

when he goes back for a modification next Aug.  He will get credit for the new baby, but my income will not be figured into the worksheet at all.  It will be based solely on his income.  

tigger

the girls by sitting back and not saying anything but look at it this way, she has lost more than ANY amount of money could hurt her.  She's sick, she's lost the love and respect of her girls and when Caitlyn is old enough to realize what happened and why (or it happens to her as well) she'll lose her.  Chances are good that Chris will eventually wise up as well, though perhaps not until he has his own daughters.  

I'm still waiting for my OS to wise up.  He's had glimpses of the truth but he's still running from it.  (No names for me because I'm not sure who's here.)
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

LAK

get her a higher credit.  It doesn't sound like her income is the same as her DH's, so giving her a 50% credit based on both their incomes could be higher than the credit based soley on her income.