Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

anyone with experience and advise on stopping COLA?

Started by spinner, Oct 26, 2006, 01:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

what are judges looking for in order to change stop the COLA that is automatically taken on us every other year?

I know gota prove no change, blalbalbla but what are they really looking for?
If some of you stopped it, what did you do to win your case (or what not to do ? ) ?

CGS

Does your state automatically do a COLA increase each year? If so what state are you in? My state, MT, does a COLA calculation as part of the worksheet but only when one party has requested a review..

spinner

lucky

Are you sure it's only every two years, Spinner?  I'd swear DH's cs case has had one every year for the last three years.

I have no idea how to stop them either.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

spinner

not sure.
as a matter of fact I am counting that I was due for one this year and have not seen it.
I wonder if it's asked by Ex or auto ?

Kitty C.

It depends on what state you're in..........here in Iowa, they will review at minimum every two years, but there MUST be a 10% change in income in order for them to go forward with the review.  If they wait the 2 years and there hasn't been a 10% change, there's no review or change in CS.

Also, Iowa (CSRU) doesn't instigate it, that must be done by one of the parents.  Now, if either parent believes there's been a 10% change and it hasn't been 2 years since the last review, they still might consider it, but I think it's on a case-by-case basis.

Spinner, if your state has a central CS office that your CS goes thru, they will be able to tell you what your guidelines and limitations are regarding any reviews and what they can and cannot do.  I'd check there first.  Just remember that if your state mandates COLA's by law, there may be no getting around it.  You need to ask about that, too.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......