Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for opinions... please don't be hard on me for asking...

Started by burry, Feb 05, 2007, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamacass

when my DH was the NCP he paid CS, and would listen to BM threaten  she would file to get more money when he switched jobs to a company that paid more.  Funny, he never filed a decrease when he was unemployed or got a job makin less money.  For a long time he paid more than was required b/c he also paid child care expenses which were already calculated into the CS amount.  

When DH became the CP last September, his attorney told him he needed to file for CS.  He didn't want to, but he finally did.  Also, my SS gets a check from social security each month because his mom is in disability.  DH didn't want to have that sent to us, b/c he could care less about the money.  Dh was willing to allow BM to keep getting SS's check.  The attorney had to tell him to file for that too.  My DH was just happy to have SS living with us, and was afraid that if he filed for CS or the SS checks that people would think he was in it for the money.  

You are right, it seems society is more accepting of a BM getting CS than a BF getting CS.