Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Texas child support

Started by awakenlynn, Mar 03, 2007, 12:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awakenlynn

Texas has completely screwed up our support.  The state with jurisdiction is IL, but ex moved to TX in 2003, in the mean time, IL has kept jurisdiction.

Ex decided she wanted TX to collect support, not IL.  Fine, that means opening a interstate case-fine.

BUT ex opened a case in 2003 incorrectly and did not close it.  So TX has kept an invisible finger in it until ex went back to open the request in 2006.

IL has sent a pay history showing no arrears.  TX came up with odd numbers here and there, put arrears here and there, and came up with arrears of ovre $2500 still!  They also didn;t take into account the 8week summer abatements I was ordered.

They have also sent a letter to the credit bureau stating I was in arrears.  They sent this after they were informed NUMEROUS times it was incorrect.

How do I get TX back in line?   I live in IA and do not have the money to go to TX.  I also found out that Texas has standard language in its petitions and I cannot find it.

Can I file a petition to clarify against TX CSE and the Attorney General's office?  Can I request the hearing over the phone?

I guess I am really going to need to see how much it is going to be to involve an attorney.

Totally frustrated!
Lynn

Jade

>Texas has completely screwed up our support.  The state with
>jurisdiction is IL, but ex moved to TX in 2003, in the mean
>time, IL has kept jurisdiction.
>
>Ex decided she wanted TX to collect support, not IL.  Fine,
>that means opening a interstate case-fine.
>
>BUT ex opened a case in 2003 incorrectly and did not close it.
> So TX has kept an invisible finger in it until ex went back
>to open the request in 2006.
>
>IL has sent a pay history showing no arrears.  TX came up with
>odd numbers here and there, put arrears here and there, and
>came up with arrears of ovre $2500 still!  They also didn;t
>take into account the 8week summer abatements I was ordered.
>
>They have also sent a letter to the credit bureau stating I
>was in arrears.  They sent this after they were informed
>NUMEROUS times it was incorrect.
>
>How do I get TX back in line?   I live in IA and do not have
>the money to go to TX.  I also found out that Texas has
>standard language in its petitions and I cannot find it.
>
>Can I file a petition to clarify against TX CSE and the
>Attorney General's office?  Can I request the hearing over the
>phone?
>
>I guess I am really going to need to see how much it is going
>to be to involve an attorney.
>
>Totally frustrated!
>Lynn

Will your ex sign a notarized affadavit stating that there are no arrears?  That might help.  

awakenlynn

Apparently there is a form she can fill out, but because the payments were made thru the state(of IL) there is nothing for her to do, they say it can be another month for them to review the file.

We are going to get a print out from day one, with a letter from the State of IL showing if there is arrears or not along with the court order for them to do a review AGAIN, hopefully correct

Thanks,
Lynn