Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 04:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

support question.

Started by tessie, Apr 06, 2007, 07:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tessie

the state involved is new hampshire.

the first question is the original support order cam from rhode island. that order was for a monthly amount, with no set due date, just a monthly payable amount.

the new court order form the new state has a set due date in the middle of the month.

before the new raised amount was set, the father paid the old order on the first of the month. When the new order was set dad paid the difference between what was already paid on the old order and the new order.

The state will not acknowledge anything predating the midmonth court order,unless the mom agrees. mom will not and is looking to get paid for that month "twice" dad is now in arears to the new state for the amount of the old order.

if dad had paid the old child support order AFTER the new one went into effect she could not do this. as the state would have acknowledged that check as "thiers".

Does the father have any chance in compelling mom to accept this old support as part of the new support?

dipper

I am in Virginia and do not know if this would carry to your state, but.....based on what I know here in Virginia.....I would send in some small amount to child support enforcement to be counted toward the arrearage.  Here in VA, you have to be 30 days behind before they will raise your garnished wage to make up for it....so, if you pay some amount you will not be 30 days overdue...and then she would only have one choice to collect that money..and that is take you to court....and then you could prove your case to the judge.

CSE is messed up!!  DH got custody of ss last year.  He was paying CS...well, CSE dropped their claim on CS for him, but his employer had already deducted a couple of payments and mailed them in after CSE had dropped it.  CSE sent dh the money back...

But, when CS was ordered for BM to pay to dh....CSE put the amount sent back to DH on HER account.  As if she had paid that amount when it was dh's own money.  They will not correct this either, say they cannot adjust it....