Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:42:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support & disability income

Started by Otto Mann, May 31, 2007, 08:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Mann

Hello, I have a court hearing in 2 weeks to recalculate child support. Within the last month my ex-spouse started receiving long term disability from her employer which does not have to be reported to the IRS as income. As far as child support is this considered INCOME?

cinb85

I know that in NJ it is considered income when calculating child support.  The child support comes out of the disability payment.

ocean

Is this SSI from the governement? If yes, then you get from the gov for each child AND child support. If not and it is from her employer...you get child support based on the disability payment. When they ask the NCP to fill out the form it asks for all income and that should be listed.
Good luck!

Otto Mann

This is disability from her employer which is 100% funded by the employEES therefor it's not taxable. I just wanted to make sure she can't walk into court claiming she's not working and has NO income. I should probably start a new topic but I'll go ahead and ask another question. I mailed the motion for reduction in support to the court and her by certified mail. What happens if she refuses to sign for it? I received the return receipt back for the court 2 days ago but haven't received the one from her. I'm thinking I won't.....