Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:09:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking back over the past 5 years..

Started by wallyworld, Jul 09, 2007, 08:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

I just did a search of my username in the post search.  I am literally in tears now rereading all the different emotions I have gone through the past 5 years that I have been on this board.  I found posts from when I hadn't seen my daughter in 2 years due to visitation interference.  Everything looked so bleak like there was no light at hte end of the tunnel.  I found posts were my ex was trying to nail my butt to the wall milking me for every dime of child support she could get.  I found posts were I had "won" my day in court because I got good visitation and child support jurisdiction was held in IL.  

I would NEVER have believed that I would get my daughter again.  I would never have believed that in 5 years I would have CUSTODY.  I saw so many posts that really helped me.  Posts mostly from the same people.  I was just curious as to if there people still frequent these boards and what is going on with their cases.  

Obviously there is mixed- youve been with me since I began here.
what about wendl, mysonsdad, stpauliesgirl, ref, MKx2- sorry if I missed any of the oldies.  Just curious as to who is still around and if you all remember me!

Kitty C.

Do you remember me, Wally?  Our situation has calmed down dramatically, with the second divorce of the BM almost 2 years ago.  I guess going thru that has made her wise up...for the most part, anyway!  But at least we're seeing SS MUCH more than we ever have and he is also seeing BM for what she truly is.  The only problems we have now is when they butt heads and DH has to literally mediate between the two of them.  The strangest thing about all this??  She's actually talking to me in a civilized manner!  The first time it happened, you could have knocked me over with a feather, LOL!

I used to e-mail with MKx2, but lost contact with her a few years ago when I lost some e-mail information.  Wendl and Ref are certainly still here, but I haven't heard from MSD or SPG for quite some time.

I remember when you first came here, Wally.  You are exactly right and I think it's the same for everyone when they first find this place in cyberspace:  We were all in a place of despair and looking for strength and hope.  We found it here at SPARC, whether it be conversing and sharing information with others or utilizing the links and incredible amounts of information offered on this site.

So it's obvious that we've come to the right place, right?  I've seen your situation turn around, in ways that even you never expected.   But that's what happens when you have the right support and information.  And that's what we can find here at SPARC.  Personally, I want to thank the powers-that-be who 'invented' and run this site for, without it, many of us would still be lost and being taken advantage of by the 'system'.  This site has given many the strength and hope to keep going and keep fighting for our kids.  And there's no better honor than that...........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wallyworld

I do remember you!  It's crazy how long the court cases drag on.  It's like I even wonder if we all will still have issues after our children and step children are emancipated.  Does the drama really stop when they are legal or when the child support stops thus ending ALL court drama in the family courts.  Something tells me it probably doesn't.  I am sure the drama between my family at least will still rage on knowing my psycho ex!

Kitty C.

After the children are legal/emancipated and CS stops, ANY drama that develops will be of the ex's making ONLY.  If you understand that, and the child also understands and is also willing to ignore it, then you FINALLY have the gratification of completely ignoring her!  So when the exes have no one to complain to but themselves, they'll eventually shut up!

The tough part will be what the adult child has to deal with, which is entirely up to them.  But I would think the ignoring on our parts would be sweet satisfaction, LOL!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......