Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:32:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Reasonable and necessary medical expenses

Started by Ref, Oct 21, 2007, 06:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

DH's ex is trying to say that he needs to reimburse her for counseling for SD. It is at BM's place of work and last time she pulled this, she said that Sd was going several times a week and DH should prepay. SD only went 4 times in several months.

Anyway, DH's agreement says he is responsible for 100% of all reasonable and necessary medical expenses. Does therapy qualify as a medical expense? SD has no medical reason for going. She is just mixed up in the head because of all the PAS she has been through.

I have no doubt that she could benefit from a therapist but I have some serious issues about it. 1. BM mentioned this as a threat to sue DH again and told him he had to pay 100%. 2. BM is having SD go at her place of employment, hardly a level field for anyone. 3. She pulled this before where she pretended that SD needed massive amounts of therapy and wanted DH to prepay and then she stopped taking her.

The question again is, is therapy a reasonable and necessary medical expense?

Thanks
Ref

mistoffolees

I don't know the legal answer, but my own thinking is that it would be - if a medical professional says it is. An alternative interpretation would be that if the insurance pays for it, it's medically necessary and if they don't, it's not - but that's pretty iffy since insurance is such a mess.

I most certainly would not prepay though - even if she hadn't messed up in the past.

MixedBag

IMHO -- yes.

But not by BM's rules....of paying.

Dad should be 100% involved (I know, if at all possible).

And maybe BM's policy says she has to use certain participating providers????

No pre-paying that's for sure.