Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just curious

Started by ohu812, Aug 23, 2007, 09:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohu812

My husbands ex has 3 children with 3 fathers. She lost custody of them due to abuse/neglect and drug use. The BF of one child went to a child support hearing (BM didnt show up) and was awarded support. The child support office now says they are trying to locate BM to serve her. They have talked to her on the phone and her response was catch me if you can. My question is will they still garnesh wages for support since the judge has signed the orders? Do they just have to serve her the orders to give her notice and the opportunity for appeal? They had no problem serving her notice of the hearing because she wasnt expecting it but now she is playing hide and seek (and pissing off the attorney generals office). My husband has a court case filed now and she has an attorney on record for it. Can the attorney be served with the orders? We live in Texas.

ocean

Can they serve her at work? I am not sure if her lawyer for your case can accept papers for another....he was not hired for that (but not sure about this).  If there was a hearing and it was decided he was awarded child support then they should start garnishing. Not sure why they are trying to serve her personally though the orders?? Sounds like they put off the hearing to give her another chance to come to court?

ohu812

They had the hearing and he has orders. They said she called throwing a fit and said she wasnt signing them or picking them up so they needed to serve her the orders so she cant claim she had no knowledge. I dont know!! It is almost impossible to get her at work or home because she hides. She is used to hiding from CPS and the police.

mistoffolees

Ask your court clerk or your attorney about serving papers.

For typical divorce actions, in many states it is sufficient to serve the attorney of record. I don't know if that applies in support actions, but your court clerk can tell you.

williaer

Sometimes I think they do a 'certificate of mailing'- then it proves they sent it- and that's all they can do.

ocean

Do any of the children get visitation with her? Not the best, but have her served when she comes/leaves to see one of the kids.....