Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:09:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

mother doesnt know when to stop

Started by foughtandwon, Jan 12, 2005, 09:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robityson1

I admit it was my turn to be sloppy and it makes me look like an idiot in my response but what about everything else I said.  No comment?

Davy

Exactly !  That's exactly what the legal statue plainly states.  Since the CO is SILENT then it does not SPECIFICALLY STATE so the parent can have access.  Joni and Sly are correct.

Foughtandone acknowledged appreciation for the reference and clarity on the legal statue and even stated he intended to cooperate with the mother's access to the school records irregardless of what the statue stated and she has that access from the school.  

The real issue of this entire thread was how to STOP the mother from pestering him for the school records, filing false reports, etc etc etc in order TO PROTECT THE CHILD and HIMSELF from the PBFH.

Davy

Foughtandone

First I want to applaud your service to the rest of us and for being there and taking a stand for your child.  It certainly appears you are totally together on all the issues.  I would also like to applaud your spouse for supporting you thru these difficult times.

There was one thing you asked I did not see addressed.  Under the premises of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJA/UCCJEA) the original jurisdiction will maintain jurisdiction as long as one parent remains in the jurisdiction... generally speaking  but (there's always a but) judges can agree lose/gain jurisdiction based on the child's 'significant connection' to another states and for other reasons.  There's information on SPARC about this or you can search the net.  I'm just a Dad..not an attorney.  

I have no idea how to stop a psycho female from saying or doing anything they want at anytime.  If you discover a cure please let the rest of us know !!

In the day, female military were known as WACKs, WAVEs, WAFs but no one was ever able to tell me what you should call a female marine.  Do you know ???

SLYarnell

Do I have sympathy for this father?  You betcha!
Do I want a child hurt by ANY parent?  Not a chance!

Do I think this is going to get a fair shake in the court system?  NOPE!

Anyone who knows me or our situation or has followed my posts for over 4 years now will tell you I am almost always the negative voice saying beware, be careful, cooperate, watch your back.

Why?

Well... because my husband has been screwed and screwed again by the system.  We have spent in excess of $80,000 to fight a case that should have been a slam dunk years ago.  But it wasnt and we are still fighting!

I hate to see anyone tell someone something like you told the original poster because it builds false hope... this is a VERY fragile situation and it needs very careful handling!  We dont want him to feel entitled to withhold access to this child from the mother.  If he does that without the benefit of a court order stating he can do so he will lose that child... that is almost guarenteed!

lucky

Ok, here's the deal.

Dh is NCP of an 11 yo boy.  He has ALWAYS been NCP and pbfh#2 has ALWAYS had SOLE LEGAL and SOLE PHYSICAL custody of yss.

Dh has ALWAYS had FULL ACCESS to ALL educational, medical, dental, etc. records in spite of pbfh#2 trying to deny those records.

This is because FERPA overrides all other laws that do not allow at least the amount of access FERPA allows.

Therefore, this little boy's mother CAN get copies of ALL those records no matter WHERE on US soil he attends school or sees a medical professional.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

olanna

"The real issue of this entire thread was how to STOP the mother from pestering him for the school records, filing false reports, etc etc etc in order TO PROTECT THE CHILD and HIMSELF from the PBFH."

And if any of us had any idea on how to do this with any success, we wouldn't need to come to this board...

;)

wendl

In Slys defence.

Anyone that knows Sly will tell you she does not sugar coat ANYTHING, she may come agaisnt hard etc, We may not like or agree with what Sly says but I have come to realize what Slys says is the TRUTH and she has helped me out a great deal over the last 3 1/2yrs.

Sly is a great person and knows a ton of stuff, she doesn't give people false hope and is all for kids having relationships with both parents. Her husband has gone thru hell and back and has learned the hard way.

PS-Sly has anything else happened in court, I know you all were going back.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Brent

UNLESS there is a court order SPECIFICALLY stating that the NCP does NOT have a right to school or medical records then FERPA APPLIES

That's right, plain and simple- if there is no order specifically and explicitly denying the NCP access to the records, they have the right to them.

foughtandwon

>Foughtandone
>
>First I want to applaud your service to the rest of us and for
>being there and taking a stand for your child.  It certainly
>appears you are totally together on all the issues.  I would
>also like to applaud your spouse for supporting you thru these
>difficult times.
>
>There was one thing you asked I did not see addressed.  Under
>the premises of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction
>Enforcement Act (UCCJA/UCCJEA) the original jurisdiction will
>maintain jurisdiction as long as one parent remains in the
>jurisdiction... generally speaking  but (there's always a but)
>judges can agree lose/gain jurisdiction based on the child's
>'significant connection' to another states and for other
>reasons.  There's information on SPARC about this or you can
>search the net.  I'm just a Dad..not an attorney.  
>
>I have no idea how to stop a psycho female from saying or
>doing anything they want at anytime.  If you discover a cure
>please let the rest of us know !!
>
>In the day, female military were known as WACKs, WAVEs, WAFs
>but no one was ever able to tell me what you should call a
>female marine.  Do you know ???

thanks
I'm working hard on a cure. just tryting to figure out this time travel machine the instructions are in korean.
i kinda figured i would have to go to court to change jurisdiction. i'm gonna wait till my next duty station (5 months) and change my residency and everything

female Marine????
when i first joined they were called WM's Women Marines
now they are simply MARINES