Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help filling out a change of support form

Started by Mully, Nov 05, 2007, 09:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mully

Hello, I have joint Physical/joint legal custody of my 21 mnth old daughter, I pay full support.  I lost my job in July and have been trying to find a new job that pays as much as I was making before.  I took a part time job while I look so atleast I have some income coming in, but what's coming in is barely enough to feed and care for my daughter when she's with me.  I told my ex as soon as I lost my job that I wasn't going to have much money for a little while, and that we'll get caught up as soon as I could make it happen.  But, I need what I'm making to care for our daughter while she's with me.  
She decided to take me to court for it and hold me in contempt of court.  We have an agreement in the court order that states that I would pay her directly, and that we would sign off the friend of the court services.  
I have my daughter every day Mon - Fri from 7:30am to 5:30pm and Overnight on Monday.   This order was to be in effect until she reached the age of 2 1/2 yrs, thus allowing me to petition for Shared Economic Responsibility, removing the support agreement.  I did not plan on losing my job.  

I've got the right forms to fill out, but I'm no lawyer, and I'm not sure how to word it.  I spent everything I had taking her to court for custody in the first place and even had to move into my parents house so that I could afford to pay the "huge sum" agreed to for support.

When I agreed to the amount, it was more than I could really afford to pay in the first place, but it got me Joint Physical custody, and I was willing to pay it for a short time if it meant that I got to be an equal parent.  It was a stupid thing to do (agreeing to pay more than was realistic), but my daughter is worth it.  

I cannot afford to hire a lawyer to get things prepared and filed, so I have to do this myself this time.  

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
thank you
jas

MixedBag

what part of the form are you wanting help with?

Like -- what's the question or the block say?

Mully

Sorry, I had to file it today before the court closed, so I just wrote what I could.  I have been using the Michigan Leagal Aid hotline since being served papers a week and a half ago, but it's almost impossible to get through there's always a "high call volume".  I'm hoping that everything goes well tomorrow morning.