Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support and travel expenses

Started by Ref, Nov 09, 2007, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Has anyone else had travel expenses deducted from their calculated support? BM was the one that moved away with SD and DH was given that as a deduction in Florida court.

I was just curious if that is common.

Best wishes,
Ref

MixedBag

Yes...

With EX#1, we were both military, so he paid full support and we split transportation costs.

With EX#2, I was still military, and at first he agreed to reduced CS and I pay all the travel expenses and then his memory must have failed him...  Now with me as the CP, I agreed to reduced CS and he pays the travel expenses.  And since he's not buying monthly airline tickets, he comes out ahead.

With EX#3 and his EX, OH did reduce his CS in court during the first round and the initial divorce.  So that's actually the perfect example.  Then as time went by and one by one the children came to live with dad, Mom agreed to some reduction at first, but none in the end.  She moved away from OH to NV to AZ, and then he moved from OH to AL (he had no family other than the children in NV).  Who knows (and I don't care to know) what their current agreement or order says since he pi$$ed off son so bad that less than 6 months later, so went back to mom's.

NV was also a state that used my income as stepparent to set CS.  And nope, in doing so, didn't give me (or us) any credit for my 3 kids etc...