Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

part 1 of the Cooperative agreements, federal mandates

Started by leon clugston, Nov 09, 2007, 08:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leon clugston

Code of Federal Regulations Currentness
Title 45. Public Welfare
Subtitle B. Regulations Relating to Public Welfare
  Chapter III. Office of Child Support Enforcement (Child Support Enforcement Program), Administration for Children and Families, Department of Health and Human Services (Refs & Annos)
  Part 302. State Plan Requirements (Refs & Annos)
§  302.1 Definitions.
The definitions found in §  301.1 of this chapter also are applicable to this part.

§  302.10 Statewide operations.
The State plan shall provide that:

(a) It will be in operation on a statewide basis in accordance with equitable standards for administration that are mandatory throughout the State;
(b) If administered by a political subdivision of the State, the plan will be mandatory on such political subdivision;
c) The IV-D agency will assure that the plan is continuously in operation in all appropriate offices or agencies through:
§  302.13 Plan amendments.
(a) The State plan shall provide that the plan will be amended whenever necessary to reflect new or revised Federal statutes or regulations, or material change in any phase of State law, organization, policy of IV-D agency operation.§  302.34 Cooperative arrangements.

The State plan shall provide that the State will enter into written agreements for cooperative arrangements under §  303.107 with appropriate courts, law enforcement officials, Indian tribes or tribal organizations.  Such arrangements may be entered into with a single official covering more than one court, official, or agency, if the single official has the legal authority to enter into arrangements on behalf of the courts, officials, or agencies.

§  302.50 Assignment of rights to support.
The State plan shall provide as follows:
(a) An assignment of support rights, as defined in §  301.1 of this chapter, constitutes an obligation owed to the State by the individual responsible for providing such support.  Such obligation shall be established by:

(1) Order of a court of competent jurisdiction or of an administrative process;  or

§  302.55 Incentive payments to States and political subdivisions.
Effective October 1, 1985, in order for the State to be eligible to receive any incentive payments under §  304.12 and part 305 of this chapter, the State plan shall provide that, if one or more political subdivisions of the State participate in the costs of carrying out the activities under the State plan during any period, each such subdivision shall be entitled to receive an appropriate share of any incentive payments made to the State for such period, as determined by the State in accordance with §  303.52 of this chapter, taking into account the efficiency and effectiveness of the political subdivision in carrying out the activities under the State plan.
§  302.70 Required State laws.

(a) Required Laws.  The State plan shall provide that, in accordance with sections 454(20) and 466 of the Act and part 303 of this chapter, the State has in effect laws providing for, and has implemented procedures to improve, program effectiveness:

Not even the beggining but way to long for one post. Next post will be continuation with the actual state plans, and yes the court mandates, that they perform for money.

mistoffolees

What's your point?

No one ever denied that the states get incentive payments to collect child support. How does that prove that it's all about the money? Especially considering that the states collect, on average, $4.83 FOR THE CHILDREN for every dollar spent.

babyfat

can you post the link to this. I'd like to read more.

On a side note after reading this I got this picture in my head sort of like a money truck fresh from a bank pick up getting hit on the highway and everyone stopping to catch the money as it floats through the air trying to get a hand full. I was picturing the mess of people, the traffic back up, and people getting hit by traffic and hurt. What I mean is everyone is trying to get a piece of the pie and some are people who should not be profiting from this at all. Yes the workers who collect should have a paycheck for doing thier job, but how many are getting paid for nothing... makes me wonder.