Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 06:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NCP Mom ducking support obligation

Started by greatdad, Feb 12, 2008, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatdad

I just won sole legal & physical custody in Va of 4 & 7 yr old. X quit her job during trial. She showed up for final divorce trial 5 months pregnant ( had boyfriend with her !).
X now is saying that since she isn't working ( is a cosmetologist in NC) and is having another baby, good luck to me on getting support from her !!!!

Suggestions Please????????????????

wendl

welcome to my world.  My ex is $21k in arrears (my son is 15 1/2) I rarely get cs.

How it started get cs was --calling the support office everyweek for them to file contempt I called 3x a week to both my caseworker and their supervisor.

At 1st I got the well, we can suspend hsi license-yes if he had one, we can put a lien on his bank account, yes if he had one, we can garnish is wages-yes if he worked, we can put a lien on his personal property, yes if he had any.

Sooo finally after a month, they sent to to the state prosecutor, I think they got tired on me.  Now he usually has to go to court every 3 months, if he fails to pay he goes to jail, bond usually is cash to cs.  He has been in jail 2x in 4yrs.  

Sometimes he talks his way out of it, hopefully they ill throw it has him on 2/13/08 I got $33 in Dec and whoooo $18.50 in January

I have tried to tell my ex the importance of cs that I use it for our sons medication which runs be $145 a month ( he has absence seizures otherwise know as petit mal seizures)

So it sucks.  All I can say is he is getting married in July and hope his new wifey knows what she is getting into she has two kids of her own which is sad cuz they got her kids something for xmas and our son NOTHING.  My son told me he does NOT want to go back to homestate where dad still resides for the wedding.  I will leave that upto him.

Good luck.

Be thankful you have the kids, it will catch upto her sooner or later, but I know it is a struggle.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Giggles

That way they keep track of the arrearages, they have the ability to attach her tax returns, report it to the credit rating groups and even suspend her drivers license!  This way also she can run but she can't hide forever and CS is something that NEVER goes away.  She can be denied a passport and with the new laws being that you need to have a passport to even go in and out of Canada, she will eventually see that she's skrewed herself!!

Sadly, you've won the battle, but now the war begins.  Ignore the venom spewing from her, she's bitter and knows she made a huge mistake.  Like Wendl said, hound CSE it's the only way to get them to do anything!!  I too had to go that route, my X is $18K in arrears but now I am getting somewhat regular payments.  He needs his drivers license to work and the only way CSE would give it back to him is if he was consistant in his payments!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

greatdad

>That way they keep track of the arrearages, they have the
>ability to attach her tax returns, report it to the credit
>rating groups and even suspend her drivers license!  This way
>also she can run but she can't hide forever and CS is
>something that NEVER goes away.  She can be denied a passport
>and with the new laws being that you need to have a passport
>to even go in and out of Canada, she will eventually see that
>she's skrewed herself!!
>
>Sadly, you've won the battle, but now the war begins.  Ignore
>the venom spewing from her, she's bitter and knows she made a
>huge mistake.  Like Wendl said, hound CSE it's the only way to
>get them to do anything!!  I too had to go that route, my X is
>$18K in arrears but now I am getting somewhat regular
>payments.  He needs his drivers license to work and the only
>way CSE would give it back to him is if he was consistant in
>his payments!
My understanding is that Virginia cannot revoke or suspend her license as she is a resident of NC.
Suggestions ?

Giggles

You'd have to check the interstate agreements between the two.  I have an interstate CS order.  I live in MD with my son and his father lives in WI.  The way it works for me is that I filed for CSE services here in MD, they sent it off to WI.  MD tracks the CS and if it goes into arrears, MD sends a notice to WI for enforcement.  Check with your CSE office and see what they say about interstate CS.  From my understanding NC doesn't play around with CS either...so that may go in your favor???
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

wendl

I know that my case is in WA state still and I reside in MT and both states I deal with would suspend the license.

Call the cs office and talk with them.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MixedBag

I have a friend who lives in NH, but case is in MD.

MD revoked her license.

When I ask around about that, I get told MD does the order.

MD amends the order.

MD has to ask NH to enforce the order.

So, I submit that even if BM lives out of state, work it through DHR/CSE and let them handle it.

So VA has jurisdiction, and NC will be the ones going after her when VA asks for assistance because you keep asking VA for enforcement.