Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:38:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

In situations where each parent has one child

Started by treici, May 14, 2008, 06:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treici

Is the support paid in such a way that each parent pays their respective support amount to the other parent each month OR does the parent who's support amount is higher (difference in incomes) pay the difference in amounts to the other?

Currently both kids live with mother, however son wants to live with father.  Trying to work out the details now and just want to see what to expect!

MixedBag

Here's what happened with EX#3 and his EX.

They have 3 children.

First one moved, and judge calculated what dad owed mom AND what mom owed dad.  And since Dad owed Mom MORE, he paid her the difference.

Second one moved, and judge did same thing.  However, calculations showed CS to each other was equal, so no money was exchanged.

Third one moved, and she owed dad (and dad and I split)

And.....she quit her job and I don't think dad collected a dime from that judgement.

And..... 5 months later son went back to mom's and I don't think dad pays mom either -- because there is no order giving her custody.

That was 18 months ago (my how time flies!).....

How do I know this for sure?

His attorney called me -- I kept home phone number -- looking for EX#3 to pay the bill.  We caught up with each other as to what was going on and he said "There's no order allowing #3 back with his mom."

Hmmmm.....

tigger

CS got calculated, it was calculated as if my ex had custody because that's where he was sleeping.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

jenjen

IF the father is not behind in support payments and gets custody of his son and his x has other child

then there should be no support payed to either parent, however if father is caring both on his insurance then his x should have to pay a portion of the insurance coverage or be responsible for insuring the child living with her.

Once the son reaches 18 then child support will be due again for the  younger (i'm asuming younger)child living with x, unless the son enters college and is still under the care of dad and dad requests that this be taken into consideration.

if dad has the older child of the two he can always go back after having custody and petition the court for support making the arguement that the need/cost for caring for the older child is greater than the younger.

If it were me I would just concentrate on getting custody/child support stopped and keeping the state out of your life and affairs as much as possible

treici

and that parents sould be equally responsible for expenses of the kids. However I am quite sure that mom will have none of that!  Father makes significantly more than mother(in fact more than mom and her new spouse combined) so the "lifestyle" factor is going to get thrown in there.  

State is already involved in that they process the payments now.  Father would like to receive the tax dependency for one child as well since mother receives for both at this time.

Is this as simple as a filing a stipulation?(if we can get mom to agree...)

We did crunch the c/s numbers and found what the amounts should be *based on her last known income.*  We thought we would write it so that she would receive a little more than what guideline is and then when she wants to fight about it just let the court sort out the amount...

becky

When SD lived at our home and SS lived with his mother, DH had to pay BM since he made considerably more than minimum wage.  BM doesn't work and her income was imputed at min wage so DH had to pay her for SS living with her.