Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MEETING WITH GAL

Started by jojobear, Jan 14, 2005, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojobear

Just found out today that the GAL told our 12 year old that she was going to tell the judge that she had not reached a decision yet....that way the boys can remain here for the remaining of the school year.  But for our son not to tell anyone.  I'm sorry, but this is just not right!  We will read the report tomorrow at our hearing.  I'll write tomorrow with an update.
Thanks for everyone that has wrote.

exwiferuinsson

So sorry Jojo, as I had told you in an earlier post of our experience with a GAL in here in Cleveland.  I did more research on her....Susan B. Weaver, seems she was instrumental in setting the guidelines for GAL's here in the Cuyahoga County Court System, in my gut, I know she had influenced the court appointed psych and the court appointed forensic psych, as ALL reports were fabricated with very little truth and very much TWISTED to the perspective they chose to show. Regardless, none were able to state that placement with mother would be recommended, therefore placement remained the same! It was still sickening to go through all that we went through, even worse what they put child through.  This GAL upon her first meeting with child told him. "You will not be living with your father so forget about it." There was one other meeting where she was just as harsh with the child. Her final recommendation in her report was appalling....it stated "if these parents cannot work together than I would suggest the child go to BOARDING school" ....believe that????

c_alexander

If these GAL people are simply court appointed regular citizens that are suppose to be impartial then I jsut have to beg the question...what do they get out of this? After contemplating this thought for a long time I have concluded...nothing. I believe this might be someway for the people who colunteer for theis GAL thing to exercise their power trips. I have seen a lot of differnet people just like this GAL person of whom you speak.
If this person is suppsoe to be impartial then it might be in your best interets to inquire about her history of referals. Unless she has a 50-50 record she's not impartial AND in not being impartial or biased your lawyer might be able to argue with the courts that she was not a proper representitve and showed obvious biases. In essence get her tesimony thrown out of court if it doesn't go your way.
Also you have got to let us know what happens, and give us some contact information for this lady. I for one would like to tell this impartial volunteer that she is anything but what she claims and I for one hope to put people like her out of work.

My best wishes are with you

chris

MYSONSDAD

gipsy

I'm not sure if you are responding and talking about Dirks are you .
     [email protected]

gipsy

The GAL pulled many things like this in My case , As things strung out , the mother pulled more and more shit , Because she knew, and you now know the Stakes are high and bids are very close , I can say
   Don't react to any thing the mom does , If this GAl is  like MY  first one it wouldn't be so muddled , BUT the second GAL in My case was a similar wierdo  as yours ,  Take it for what it is , You said it . She is saying shit to the kids and its unethical , The stakes are high , I have a gut feeling for your situation becuase what you say about the GAL parrelels My  GAL , And the Prolonging , It seems to me looking back is an Opportunity for the GAl to see who Screws up , DON"T be the one . It seems to me  trying to say things about the other parent even if it is true Is  dangerous because they can see this as thwarting , I hope you have a decent atty , If you have any thing you need to say to the GAL ask your atty first , trust me , theres a ton of stuff that doesn't matter . Also when this happened in My case its like the mother baited me .  then exaggerated small events , I reacted , and she  did a very good job of playing the Martyr , And Blaming me , I Think My two cents to you is Take the High road , and just be a very good and cooperative parent and Martyr. YOU ARE NOW MR PERFECT !! . I really think the high road is the way too go , Let Mom be the one too initiate some Bullshit , And DO NOT REACT TO IT  ,!!!
   This is just My opinion , But I made mistakes during this prolonging Part . My case got prolonged of 1 Year , the kids are in your custody and thats good ,Let it be prolonged , And never forget ,  As Much as you can Let this be good times . It is soooo hard to have good times with the kids during this kind of ordeal , But Think about it , The best you can do right now is be a good parent and show that the kids are adjusted to a good home , And not a vendictive parent that is trying to thwart the other parent , I would Offer Mom some extra time (MR MARTYR) MAKE HEr HAPPY and don't do anything to interfere with her relationship to the kids, If any one pulls some crap let it be her !!!!AGAIN this is My gut feeling , At least give this post some thought  

MYSONSDAD

No, just mine was very bias when I walked in the door. And the twisted shit was unbeleiveable.

jojobear

I am writing tonight as the wife.   I was told to pretty much "shut up" at our attorney's desk.  Not only did the Guardian Ad Litem show bias to the mother...but so did our lawyer.   My husband who has posted on this account is giving up and i am left to fight.   This is ludicrious.  The court system beats parents down to there is nothing left.  This whole custody battle has taken such a toll on our whole family.  Not just the 2 children that would be leaving.  Tis funny that they can not walk down the street without asking but they can make the decision of who they want to live with.....without consulting anyone.  This is a travesty.  And at 12 & 11 they are so easily persuaded.  The GAL recommended that they live with their Mother and be with their Father every weekend.  With no adjustment or change to this agreement until they graduate.  Funny that they are both boys and that ALL Fall sports are on the weekend....and that all weekends are going to be spent over 100 miles away.  So, the boys think they are making the decision..but the decision means that it is going to effect them for 5 years and that they will NEVER be able to play high school sports.   But they can not look that far in the future cause all they can see is right now.  Who has the best interest in mind?  Defintly not the GAL!!!  But who are we to speak.  Even our own lawyer told me to be quiet...the stepmother.  Cause I ask too many questions.  And I told him that if I were an adoptive Mother and I was asking questions...he would not say anything.   For the past 5 years the biological Mother has had NOTHING to do with these boys......and I have a right to ask questions..............I have the right cause no ONE else was there to kiss boo-boos' or to rock away the hurts....but dag gone...ya get me in a legal situation and I have no place...cause I am nothing biological.  I didn't speak during the hearing, waited until it was just the lawyer and the biological dad and myself...but who the hec cares......I am nothing biological.  I am nothing.   I love these boys as my own....but I do not matter.  I know them better then anyone..but i do not matter.   And now, it is up to them, and they are torn.  Cause they do not know better themselves.  Easily bought....that is what 12 & 11 year olds are.  And if we can promise a 4-wheeler...then that is where they want to be.  This whole thing is a joke...and the court system lets it go on.   What a freakin waste.   We can fight, but it will take over $10,000.00 to even fight it.
I believe I have given up faith myself.

c_alexander

It just makes me sick.

Eventually it is going to come to the point where they screw us SO far out of ever seeing our children that we won't be afraid of what they will do to us if we tell these courts, judges, and family law SOB's "NO" and walk out of the court room with our kids in tow. The last time the government of a country got so cocky....the FRENCH REVOLUTION came about. I know that sounds stupid and I am certainly not telling anyone to do anything stupid. It is jsut so frustrating hearing this over and over again. I wish we could all stand up to injustice like this...with a lot more POWER and a lot less fear that we will never ever seee our kids again if we don't kiss the courts butts.

Sometimes I wonder jsut how much more of this we are going to take before we all just SNAP and physically and forcefully take back our country from idiots like this.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Such a battle take everything you have from you in more ways then one. Long ago I learned that I may never beat my ex wife in the court battles, but I could chronicle my battle for my daughter so that someday she would see what I did for her and how hard I fought for her, and then she'll see what little her mother has done....and justice will be mine. Until then I just try to put what focus I can on what little time I get to spend with her...and dream of the day when that will change.

Stay strong.....we are all here for you....that is what this place is founded on. WE KNOW YOUR PAIN.

Waylon

NOTE: The person mentioned in this post, Michael R. Schoonover, has asked us to remove his name from this post. The SPARC Admin has declined to do so,and now it appears that Mr Schoonover is stalking the owners of SPARC. He has  requested our personal information and home address from the state, and he may also be involved in spoofing/spamming attacks on our email server.

Then, after years of no comments in this thread, a glowing review of Mr Schoonover miraculously popped up here recently, stating what a great guy he was.

Finally, we've noticed that ALL of the online reviews for his business, Advocate Services in Everett WA, have identical wording. If they were legitimate reviews by multiple people this would probably not be the case.

We advise using caution in dealing with this person.

Quote from: Granny on Feb 14, 2005, 11:55:13 PM
Our experience with a GAL is don't trust them.  Don't give them anymore than they ask for.  Be open in answering questions, but never, ever trust.

We had one who had been touted as good and ended up becoming our worst nightmare.  His name is Michael R. Schoonover (Advocates Investigations in Everett, WA) in Snohomish County, WA.  I would suggest if anyone has him to get him off your cases asap.  THe man lies, cheats, and will do whatever he can to get his way.  He is rude, vindictive, and is also a former deadbeat dad himself.  Additionally, he overcharges for services he doesn't deliver.  He's one evil man who does not act in the best interests of children.

Be careful!

>GAL's are a total joke....
>
>Do they have experience with children.... nope
>
>Do they have children.. nope
>
>informed... nope
>
>
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.